Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit design - Delivery estimate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I turned down 3 deliveries to wait for CVAP grant. Then I edited my design on 2/21 and since then, no VIN has been matched yet. I see a many placed an order after 2/21 and got their MY already. Has anyone had any experience with "editing design" push back?

Maybe there just isn't a match for your spec yet? but it doesn't hurt to call and ask them.

Side note 3 turned down deliveries im sure they track this and might just be like pushing you way back the queue. Could you not wait to order when you were ready?

Maybe there just isn't a match for your spec yet? but it doesn't hurt to call and ask them.

Side note 3 turned down deliveries im sure they track this and might just be like pushing you way back the queue. Could you not wait to order when you were ready?
awww man. I wish I knew it before ordering. I went to test-drive it and the SA told me to put in the order asap. little I realized that they were pushing for the end of year delivery. Also, my friend who got the CVAP grant told me he got approved in 6 weeks, so I was hoping that I could get the car in Dec!

You could just take the $100 loss on the original order and start "fresh" with a brand new order. I did this because of a couple of reasons myself.... reasons that I learned from buying my Model 3 exactly 11 months ago.

Whether Tesla tracks the number of rejected delivery attempts on a particular order (and holds it against you, like moving you further down the queue), most likely starting over with a brand new order should negate this. But I doubt Tesla would take something that personally against someone, and would be more about the profit margin and trying to get you into a car to meet their EOQ numbers.

You could just take the $100 loss on the original order and start "fresh" with a brand new order. I did this because of a couple of reasons myself.... reasons that I learned from buying my Model 3 exactly 11 months ago.

Whether Tesla tracks the number of rejected delivery attempts on a particular order (and holds it against you, like moving you further down the queue), most likely starting over with a brand new order should negate this. But I doubt Tesla would take something that personally against someone, and would be more about the profit margin and trying to get you into a car to meet their EOQ numbers.
Guess what? If I start fresh again, then I have to again do my loan app. and it's gonna be another ding on the credit report. So I guess I'm just waiting for now.
The thing for me is I don't know who my SA is. Does the one I test-drove with count as one? I've been in communication with the FactoryDelivery team. But they've been silent on answering my emails so far.

Guess what? If I start fresh again, then I have to again do my loan app. and it's gonna be another ding on the credit report. So I guess I'm just waiting for now.
The thing for me is I don't know who my SA is. Does the one I test-drove with count as one? I've been in communication with the FactoryDelivery team. But they've been silent on answering my emails so far.

I'd say that your SA would be the person that assisted you with your test drive/placing the sales order. If you use the live chat on the Tesla website, they should be able to tell you who your SA is.

Don’t worry
I’ve turned down 3 as well no issues.
I've had my order since March of 2019 so I'm pretty sure they don't cancel anything. As long as you tell the SA when you want to accept delivery, you're put into a que. Make sure you have all your finances and stuff done so you're ready to see the car and pay in person or online up to you.

Don’t worry
I’ve turned down 3 as well no issues.
I've had my order since March of 2019 so I'm pretty sure they don't cancel anything. As long as you tell the SA when you want to accept delivery, you're put into a que. Make sure you have all your finances and stuff done so you're ready to see the car and pay in person or online up to you.

Same here. When I ordered, I saw that delivery was "6 to 12 weeks" so I ordered based on that, as I did not need the car for at least 6 weeks. I got a call within a week with a VIN, so I told them what my timing expectations were and they put my order on "inactive" with a note to call me later. But they didn't read the note and called again... again put on hold, no problem.

Then I called and changed my order... like 2 or 3 times.... again no problem. My lease application stayed active, just the numbers changed as I changed from LR to SR.

Just keep in touch with your SA, and I personally found that they had been pretty flexible.