Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you guys say reach out to the sales advisor, is that just the person(s) through the text message? It has been the same guy a few times but I think I have gotten messages from others through that number. Or should I be talking to someone from a local service center?
If you ordered online and didn’t visit a showroom then you probably don’t have an SA that is local. First time around I visited a showroom and had someone local. This time I ordered online and was assigned someone at headquarters in California. He was nice but not very responsive so I contacted the show room via phone and requested an SA there take over.

1. If you haven’t finalized all steps, you can make whatever changes you want by yourself online. base price won’t bump to current price.

2. If you finalized all step and don’t see Edit Design button. Call Tesla or your sales advisor to make the change for you. Base price won’t bump to current price.

3. If you received an VIN, any changes will lead to change in base price.

So I'm curious about this as well. When I ordered on 10/5 I selected MYLR White on White Gemini. Now Silver is an offered free color. I'd definitely go to MSM if offered the opportunity to do so prior a VIN assignment and no change to price. I think it will look pretty nice in that color with a matched tint all the way around :)
In this case, your pricing list will match at time of your order. Meaning changing white to other color will still incur $1,000.

Oh wow this is interesting. I am locked in at May 2021 pricing, $14k under. Have debated switching from white to MSM or Red and removing induction wheels. How do you get the edit design menu to show?
Enter this into your browser. It works even if your profile is complete.

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######
(Switch out your RN number with the ##)

There’s an old thread with this information:

Reactions: JDL@h
Really? Oh man... That would have been great. Anyone else can confirm that?
Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 11.00.47.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 11.00.54.png

try it

Enter this into your browser. It works even if your profile is complete.

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######
(Switch out your RN number with the ##)

There’s an old thread with this information:
Weird this did not work for me, it kept taking me to the dashboard. Will try on phone browser and see if I have luck.

Just found out from SA in NJ, if you make changes within the model ( LR, different color, different wheel options ) the locked in price is not effected. But if u decided on a different setup LR to P or vice versa the new price increase will go into effect

Reactions: Vdub31
Weird this did not work for me, it kept taking me to the dashboard. Will try on phone browser and see if I have luck.
Waiting to see what your result is. I have a price about as old as yours and don't want to risk it either. I'd love to change my interior to white and maybe drop the inductions to get the 19s for more sidewall/comfort. I don't much care for the look of the 19s, but the Laminar wheel covers by Rimetrix look quite nice.

It seems to work for me. Of course I am not brave enough to proceed further, but it is showing me $53,990, the price I ordered at and if I change color it's showing $54,990.
Edit: I mean $56,990 including the $2k for inductions.

Just found out from SA in NJ, if you make changes within the model ( LR, different color, different wheel options ) the locked in price is not effected. But if u decided on a different setup LR to P or vice versa the new price increase will go into effect
Interestingly, if we go in to change our MYLR to a MYP the price doesn’t update to the current pricing. Haven’t been brave enough to actually go through with it.

Interesting. What was your OD?

I ordered on a MYLR on 2/22 on 2/23 I changed it to an MYP. Then on 3/10 I added the white interior. Got my VIN on 3/14. My final config was a MYP, Blue, White interior, tow hitch. I think the only reason I got my VIN so fast is they wanted to take my money before I had a chance to remove some of the options.

I ordered on a MYLR on 2/22 on 2/23 I changed it to an MYP. Then on 3/10 I added the white interior. Got my VIN on 3/14. My final config was a MYP, Blue, White interior, tow hitch. I think the only reason I got my VIN so fast is they wanted to take my money before I had a chance to remove some of the options.
Out of curiosity, did those changes affect the order date on your order agreement?