Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now it is possible that they delivered them to their employees in Q1 which still technically would fall under customer deliveries

If those cars are all non-LR/P then they wouldn't have been sold to anyone outside the company yet since they haven't even been officially listed for sale yet.
Exactly. Rivian trumpeted that they started deliveries last September, when all of them were going to employees. They didn't actually start delivering to non-employees until December.

Exactly. Rivian trumpeted that they started deliveries last September, when all of them were going to employees. They didn't actually start delivering to non-employees until December.
But they didn’t say they’d specifically be delivering customer orders. They just said they started deliveries and were open that they were to employees who got first dibs. If Tesla said this, great, be open about the process.

Yeah that'd be nice, but it makes no economic sense for Tesla. They have a backlog running all the way to 2023 for making these cars. They have finite factory capacity. They can either sell one at $48k with a few options to someone who expressed interest a year ago, or make the exact same car and sell it for $58k right here, right now.

We're lucky that they have mostly honored older reservations at original prices. I don't think they are obligated to do anything more than deliver what was ordered at the original price. It's nice that they are allowing fairly recent orders to be adjusted a bit... But to pretend they're doing that to make more profit? Nah

My EDD moved up today and I got a 2 week window! April 2 - April 16
You have the same order date as me and same config and last I saw was July-Sept now back to TBD. They are really pushing old pricing orders back.

You have the same order date as me and same config and last I saw was July-Sept now back to TBD. They are really pushing old pricing orders back.
Yikes. This is part of why I bit the bullet on the upgrade. My vanilla MYLR was estimated for April 15 - May 13 but I just didn’t believe it. They just don’t want to actually deliver any cars that were billed at under $55k, and my current car is falling apart.

Yikes. This is part of why I bit the bullet on the upgrade. My vanilla MYLR was estimated for April 15 - May 13 but I just didn’t believe it. They just don’t want to actually deliver any cars that were billed at under $55k, and my current car is falling apart.
Very Tesla like, I mean I only bought 3 cars already and they already took away my March-April delivery date. More stupidly in Tesla fashion they will not even let me upgrade to P or anything at any price.

Visited the Austin Tesla showroom today and enquired about editing my design and switching my MYLR for a Performance. I was told that I cannot do that and keep the same pricing from October 2021.

How have so many of you posted in this thread that you have done this? Either a whole bunch of people in this thread are lying or the SA I spoke to had no clue what she is talking about.

My order date was October 1st and the delivery got pushed out yet again to late April - mid May.

Not sure what to do here. I am seriously considering switching to the performance but prices have gone up $8000-$9000 since I ordered.

Anyone else have any ideas? Can I contact a SA in another location?

Visited the Austin Tesla showroom today and enquired about editing my design and switching my MYLR for a Performance. I was told that I cannot do that and keep the same pricing from October 2021.

How have so many of you posted in this thread that you have done this? Either a whole bunch of people in this thread are lying or the SA I spoke to had no clue what she is talking about.

My order date was October 1st and the delivery got pushed out yet again to late April - mid May.

Not sure what to do here. I am seriously considering switching to the performance but prices have gone up $8000-$9000 since I ordered.

This happened to me initially where I visited one location the Bay Area the SAs including managers told me that I was not allowed to keep my October pricing when switching from MYLR to MYP. Then I simply went to another showroom and everyone there knew that the new policy came out and they helped me make the switch right when I was there. 5 days later I received my MYP at my doorstep. This was before March 31 where the EOQ push was still ongoing. Hope this helps!

Reactions: carpendj

I was also told the same thing my my SA, but I immediately went online to the edit order page and was able to get Oct 2021 pricing.

You can make the changes yourself. Is your payment set to cash when you made the booking online back in October? If yes, then:

Make sure you are first logged into tesla.com with your username and password so the cookies are set. Copy the below URL into your browser. It works even if your profile is complete.

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######
(Switch out your RN number with the ##)

You can make the changes yourself. Is your payment set to cash when you made the booking online back in October? If yes, then:

Make sure you are first logged into tesla.com with your username and password so the cookies are set. Copy the below URL into your browser. It works even if your profile is complete.

I used this change like 5-6 times. This works great.

My order was set to cash until about a month ago. I made a call to Tesla about something else and that person recommended I add that I was going to finance with my local Federal Credit Union. He said it would be quicker when the VIN gets created for the paperwork.
The edit design function is not available for me even if I paste that link. It simply puts me back to the profile page.

Sounds like I need to contact another location and see if I can get any help from them.

Thanks all.

My order was set to cash until about a month ago. I made a call to Tesla about something else and that person recommended I add that I was going to finance with my local Federal Credit Union. He said it would be quicker when the VIN gets created for the paperwork.
The edit design function is not available for me even if I paste that link. It simply puts me back to the profile page.

Sounds like I need to contact another location and see if I can get any help from them.

Thanks all.
Just do it online through chat. There is no reason to contact any location.

****Update****, so once again, an SA has no clue what they are talking about. Two of them in the Austin showroom told me yesterday that I could not edit my design and switch to a Performance and keep the October pricing. I just finished using the Chat option on the Tesla page. Guy was super helpful. He quickly changed my profile and I was about to edit my design and its obviously October pricing. Jeez. These SAs are clueless. So for those thinking about switching LR to P or P to LR, it can clearly be done. Thank you all for your responses. Lets see if this P model arrives faster.

Reactions: advocate8