Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Enter this into your browser. It works even if your profile is complete.

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######
(Switch out your RN number with the ##)

There’s an old thread with this information:

This worked! I just edited my design to MYP and it worked, old price.

Reactions: RocY
Click into your order from the dashboard. Then enter the URL again. That method still works for me. Just tested it.
My cousin Tried this also. Nope. Original order was November 2021. Curious when your orders were? Perhaps He’s too late?

Even when in the order page, he enters in the url above and it seems to again bring him back to the dashboard.

My cousin Tried this also. Nope. Original order was November 2021. Curious when your orders were? Perhaps He’s too late?

Even when in the order page, he enters in the url above and it seems to again bring him back to the dashboard.

I had that problem. you have to log into your account, then go to manage order, then copy/paste the URL over the top of existing browser tab. it just worked for me. You can cop/paste without the "XXXXX" and leave your RN number from your current page, helps make it easier.

I had that problem. you have to log into your account, then go to manage order, then copy/paste the URL over the top of existing browser tab. it just worked for me. You can cop/paste without the "XXXXX" and leave your RN number from your current page, helps make it easier.
Ok wait…do you mean copy the ensure url into another duplicate screen? Or simply cut paste into and overwrite the existing url? The latter again only takes him back to the main dashboard page…hmmm 🤔

Again Original order was Nov 21’. Maybe too far back?

Ok wait…do you mean copy the ensure url into another duplicate screen? Or simply cut paste into and overwrite the existing url? The latter again only takes him back to the main dashboard page…hmmm 🤔

I did it separate tabs, did not work. I pasted the URL over my existing browser after freshly signing into my account and clicking "manage" and it worked. you may have to close all browsers, re login, and try it. I had to do that to get it to work. I did the same way without a recent login, and it did not work. I think it has an issue with timing out internally, but doesn't show it has.

It could be the OD. Mine is March as is the other poster above.

I have had some issues getting it to work in the past. Safari had more trouble but still worked eventually. Chrome on Windows and Mac seemed more reliable.

All I do is enter the URL for the first time in new browser window, it prompts me for my login and brings me to the Dashboard. Then I have had success just typing in the URL again to that same window, hit enter and in. But today I did have to click into my order from the Dashboard and then typed in the URL again and it brought me to the edit page.

Reactions: Brav

I haven’t kept up with this process since it never worked for me before my Y was actually delivered (my order was too old ie pre August 2021). Your cousin’s order isn’t too old assuming things haven’t changed. I believe one issue people had in the past was that if the payment option was already selected the order could not be edited. They had to contact a SA to remove the payment option then they could edit their order. I could be remembering incorrectly or things may have changed, but reviewing earlier parts of this thread might be useful.

• Disagree
Reactions: bpobill