Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Canada had this option enabled after the US. I don’t know if the dates for Canadian orders are August or later. You may want to call Tesla directly and ask them. Your SA should be able to assist
We spoke to an SA. All he did was bring up some tesla policy that now states all orders after May 2022’ shall no longer receive previous upgrade pricing. Not very helpful given buyers are still able to do so even today. Always luck of the draw when it comes to Tesla SA’s I’m afraid.

We will try again with another SA at a diff SC.
Also tried calling Tesla…‘try at your local SC’.

🤷🏽‍♂️

We spoke to an SA. All he did was bring up some tesla policy that now states all orders after May 2022’ shall no longer receive previous upgrade pricing. Not very helpful given buyers are still able to do so even today. Always luck of the draw when it comes to Tesla SA’s I’m afraid.

We will try again with another SA at a diff SC.
Also tried calling Tesla…‘try at your local SC’.

🤷🏽‍♂️
Ah weird....SAs seem so random. I used the text message and whomever was answering me told me that if I changed my order I'd go to back of the line but that just doesn't seem to be the case. But they didn't say I'd go to current pricing...although I didn't directly put that question to them but did mention it in my original message.

Ah weird....SAs seem so random. I used the text message and whomever was answering me told me that if I changed my order I'd go to back of the line but that just doesn't seem to be the case. But they didn't say I'd go to current pricing...although I didn't directly put that question to them but did mention it in my original message.
Ok heres what we enter in the url…and it just keeps taking us back to the dashboard.

We’ve tried with the en_CA included and without…🤷🏽‍♂️..we tried every combo :(

776A9953-2BDF-48AA-9B7D-D4A7DC851CC4.jpeg
1C6FCF73-F52C-44B3-A615-A6F08E00C8E4.jpeg
337EAD47-D28C-4BAD-9D4A-CF01FB39E84F.jpeg
03BC4D37-1D65-4062-A027-77A6AEED6DDD.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm in Canada and still working for me. This morning I tried from Safari on my Mac. Had to log in, click into my order page from my dashboard and then copy/pasted the URL, hit enter and into the Edit-design page without issue.
Ok what exact url did you copy in?
Did you leave the en_CA/ in it or remove that part?

Weve tired every combo here and still always takes us back the dashboard page 🤷🏽‍♂️

Weve tired every combo here and still always takes us back the dashboard page 🤷🏽‍♂️
The last photo of your three is what I type in. The past few times I've entered the URL in your 3rd image before logging in, brings me to login page, login, brings me to dashboard, click on my order, brings me to my order page, then I enter that URL in your 3rd image, hit enter and it loads the edit-design page which looks just like the order page on Tesla.com if you were to go place a new order but it shows older pricing (does have a $600 higher delivery fee since my March order) and it starts off with my exact ordered config unlike the Tesla.com new order page which always starts off with white exterior and 20" wheels and not MSM color and my 19" wheels.

I'm confused why it isn't working for you. It may be that Canada does have a more recent cutoff than the US because Canada only got the option to keep old pricing a month or so ago and the US has had it since October or November? I think.

I'll add that once it actually loads the Edit page the URL shown in the top bar is this:
https://www .tesla.com/en_CA/modely/design/RN11#######?redirect=no&redirect=no#overview

You could try typing that directly with your RN#. Remove the space after www as I added that so the forum didn't create a hyperlink.

Screenshot of the page with the March 11th pricing plus the $600 extra for delivery.
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Destiny1701

These are from earlier in this thread, posts 11 & 353. Maybe you have the same issue, maybe not. Good luck.

It won’t change your price. My SA unlocked it by backing out the last step which was final payment. If you don’t have the option to edit it’s probably because you have completed all the steps. I changed from white to msm and price did not change.

You can make the changes yourself. Is your payment set to cash when you made the booking online back in October? If yes, then:

Make sure you are first logged into tesla.com with your username and password so the cookies are set. Copy the below URL into your browser. It works even if your profile is complete.

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######
(Switch out your RN number with the ##)

The last photo of your three is what I type in. The past few times I've entered the URL in your 3rd image before logging in, brings me to login page, login, brings me to dashboard, click on my order, brings me to my order page, then I enter that URL in your 3rd image, hit enter and it loads the edit-design page which looks just like the order page on Tesla.com if you were to go place a new order but it shows older pricing (does have a $600 higher delivery fee since my March order) and it starts off with my exact ordered config unlike the Tesla.com new order page which always starts off with white exterior and 20" wheels and not MSM color and my 19" wheels.

I'm confused why it isn't working for you. It may be that Canada does have a more recent cutoff than the US because Canada only got the option to keep old pricing a month or so ago and the US has had it since October or November? I think.

I'll add that once it actually loads the Edit page the URL shown in the top bar is this:
https://www .tesla.com/en_CA/modely/design/RN11#######?redirect=no&redirect=no#overview

You could try typing that directly with your RN#. Remove the space after www as I added that so the forum didn't create a hyperlink.

Screenshot of the page with the March 11th pricing plus the $600 extra for delivery.
View attachment 822645
Nothing worked…however…contacted another SA I knew and he got it done !!
MYP with Nov 2021 pricing :)

I tried just to see if it will work and the URL worked. I've been going back and forth on whether I should go from MYLR to MYP. But I am hesitant for no reason. I like the extra 25 miles ish range on the LR but also wants the sub 4 second 0-60 of the MYP :D

So I'm curious about this as well. When I ordered on 10/5 I selected MYLR White on White Gemini. Now Silver is an offered free color. I'd definitely go to MSM if offered the opportunity to do so prior a VIN assignment and no change to price. I think it will look pretty nice in that color with a matched tint all the way around :)
Pricing is based on what it was when you originally ordered. So if you add MSM, its $1000 more. (Pretty sure it became free after 10/5)

Pricing is based on what it was when you originally ordered. So if you add MSM, its $1000 more. (Pretty sure it became free after 10/5)
I wonder if that's true when the price has decreased, though. In the past, Tesla always gave you the advantage of a price decrease when they occur. That happened to me after I ordered in January 2021 - the last price decrease occurred in February, which they gave me - and even when the price went back up right before I took delivery, I wasn't increased. Would be interesting to see if someone switch to MSM and wasn't charged.

Ordered my 2022 in May. I changed the order in late July by getting the 20" tires with a $2,000 price tag. The base price did not change even though the tesla website shows a $3,000 increase for new customers. The change in tires also got me an updated delivery that was four months earlier than my previous order with the 19" wheels.

If you change the payment option in the Tesla app but not finalize the change (change from cash to loan), you can go into your account online and edit design on right hand side. Then go back into Tesla app and finalize your payment option again. This has worked for me every time. No links needed.