TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

edit Slacker data

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by derekt75, Nov 12, 2014.

1. derekt75

derekt75 Member

My 2 yr old was playing in the car [we were parked] and wound up hitting the "do not play" button on a song in the Toddlers channel that she liked. I imagine there's no way to get this song back? Inadvertently favorited songs can be un-favorited later, but do-not-play songs are pretty much gone, right?
    There's probably some reset-all option that I don't want because I have two years of teaching slacker that Korn and Marilyn Manson are bad while Halestorm and 10 years is good.

2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

I didn't think the "do not play" actually did anything in the Tesla. I've hit that button at least 43 times on Yanni songs and yet.. the pan flute plays on.

3. Atebit

Atebit Member

If you log into the full Slacker site with your tesla credentials and click the "i" circle on the station of interest, you can un-ban songs there. You can also do this through a mobile device but they keep changing the UI & I think it's usually easier to manage my Slacker account from a full browser.

4. PlanB

PlanB Banned

It actually does work unless there is a hard reset or updates pulled at the SC then it resets and erases any saved settings.

5. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

How do you know what your credentials are? Are they the same as what you use to login to the smartphone app or My Tesla website?

6. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Ditto. Same question. Once Upon A Time surfing the car's interface I found something for Slacker with a nonsense login name and *****'ed password. Not in the car now so I have no precise memory of where I was. Maybe in Settings.

7. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

Call support and have them email your car's unique Slacker credentials.

8. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

Yeah, there needs to be a way to block an artist.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess I'll try that, thanks.

9. derekt75

derekt75 Member

Let us know if that works, please.

10. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

It worked (at least, I received the credentials - haven't tried them yet). E-mailed ownership and they sent me the login credentials in less than 5 minutes! It can't be said enough: Tesla's service-oriented culture is top notch.

EDIT: just tried the credentials on slacker.com. They work.

11. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

Now, put those same credentials on the app for your phone/tablet and it also works. I stream that Slacker account through my Volt's system via Bluetooth ;)

12. derekt75

derekt75 Member

yup, it works. Thanks for your help folks.
    Slacker's website could use some UI improvements.

13. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

Agreed. iTunes Radio is much easier to use and customize.

That said, it is nice now being able to add stations via the website and see them show up in the car. Only issue is that I have to log out and log back in through the touchscreen to see the changes I made from the website. At least the touchscreen saves the credentials, so that is only a minor annoyance.