TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Edit URL hack now shows old prices for changes

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by KeyFobsRule, Aug 14, 2018.

1. KeyFobsRule

KeyFobsRule Member

Anybody else notice that the old prices are now in effect for those who configured before the price change?

Configured 6/26

AWD
    Silver Metallic
    Black interior
    18" wheels

No word yet, previous owner, just noticed via the edit design URL that the prices are back to the old one's...hmmm, time to change now?

2. KeyFobsRule

KeyFobsRule Member

Looks like the only thing that's not back to normal is the delivery/doc fee, as it still shows $1200 vrs original $1000.

3. Stacks

Stacks Member

Wow, good news!

I literally just upgraded to performance today and they told me I was subject to the new pricing. I will be a happy camper if we get the old pricing now. I’m seeing the same on my edit link :) :)

4. tentimesodds

tentimesodds Member

Does the edit design URL hack still work? If I do it now it just kicks me back to my main page with the reservation number. I know I screwed this up before (doing ?rn= instead of /) but now I think I am doing it right and it is not getting me to the design suite...

5. Stacks

Stacks Member

My edit has always been there and I was never upgraded to the new configuration page, so it's not even a hack for me. It just works.

My edit URL is http s://3.tesla.com/model3/design/RNXXXXXXX

6. KeyFobsRule

KeyFobsRule Member

Still works for me but I keep hoping it won't because then I'll assume I've been assigned a vin at that point. There's been a couple times where the url didn't work though and got excited, but then it worked again an hour or two later...Hi, my name is .... and I'm a Teslaholic.

7. tentimesodds

tentimesodds Member

That's where I'm at now, it's not working and I'm hopeful that it means I have a VIN (although I didn't reserve until 6/29/17 so that would make no sense)...

Format is still Tesla SSO – Login right?

8. Koflach

Koflach Member

I noticed the link wasn't working for me today either. As we know that Tesla typically makes car colours in batches, are any of you whose link stopped working also ordering red cars?

9. Koflach

Koflach Member

i tried your link and it doesn't work.

10. KeyFobsRule

KeyFobsRule Member

try this but make sure to place your reservation number at the end Tesla SSO – Login and don't actually follow this link but look at the address that shows up at the bottom of your browser.

11. Koflach

Koflach Member

nope, it just redirects me to my tesla account page

12. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Model 3 has Arrived.

Yup, just redirects for me too.

13. dailo

dailo Member

Make sure you're already logged into your Tesla account before you try the link

14. Koflach

Koflach Member

i am and i did.

15. tentimesodds

tentimesodds Member

Same. And this used to take me to the design studio for me...

16. systemBuilder

systemBuilder Member

That link DID work for me. Everything was as I had specified it, however, the delivery fee increased from $1000 to $1200. And the delivery time is 2-4 months (right now my order says Aug - Sept).

17. Koflach

Koflach Member

i don't want to jinx anything but I wonder if this means that things are actually progressing and our cars are being put into production...

18. tentimesodds

tentimesodds Member

When did you reserve/config?

19. tentimesodds

tentimesodds Member

I just called Tesla's customer service line and the rep was able to tell me that an IDA was just assigned and would be reaching out to me soon, and that my VIN was assigned. I didn't reserve until 6/29/2017...so this is telling me that maybe everybody for whom the URL hack doesn't work anymore might have a VIN assigned if you call Tesla?

20. Koflach

Koflach Member

Funny you mention this. I just got off the phone with Tesla and they told me the same thing. I have a VIN assigned and someone will be in touch shortly. Really excited that it'll finally be happening soon!