Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Editing MY LR order for faster delivery - MYP vs adding FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a blue MY LR in March. As expected the delivery windows have been moving all over, now at Oct-Dec. I am considering editing the order to expedite the delivery because I need the car in Oct for sure. So, would you recommend upgrading to MYP+EAP (~10k extra) or keeping LR but adding FSD (12k). Seems the new 10.69 beta version is out and FSD price is supposed to go to 15k next month. Thanks for your inputs.

Do you actually feel that you would get enormous value out of FSD?

Do you realize that FSD is also available as a monthly subscription if, for example, you will make very heavy use of it on a long trip but otherwise won't use it on a weekly basis?

There seems to be a pretty consistent pattern of people in the delivery threads updating their configs from LR to P and then getting their car delivered within a couple of months if their order has already been languishing for 6+ months.

Reactions: Budding
MYP for sure. You should get a car within a couple weeks. Someone posted today about getting an updated EDD 24 hrs after switching a March order over to MYP yesterday and I think his EDD is Aug 28- Sept something. Short window. Because Tesla is long past fullfilling (most) March MYP orders they will treat yours like an overdue March MYP order and get you a car really quick.

I haven't seen many reports of FSD helping EDD for 2022 orders. It is helping very old Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov 2021 orders but not really for Mar 2022 orders.

So, I switched to MYP yesterday (22nd), and my New Edd updated in less than 24 hours. (Same order window as you as you can see in my signature). 25Mar Order, and current EDD ~ 28 Aug - 07 September.

Like you.... the more frequent tire changes and more premium tire prices got to my head... so I was more than happy to take the long range... but with depreciating circumstances I bit the bullet. My plan is to change out the 21 in Rims for 20s or even 19's at the end of the 1st set's life span. My Reps were saying they'd have to be changed roughly around 15k.... i'm more of a conservative driver... and commute a lot per week so they said i can run it to around 15-20k miles.

• Informative
Heard things about the tire wear on MYP. How bad is it truly?

Tire wear is a real thing on all Tesla vehicles if you drive the car in a spirited fashion.

I have never gotten more than 12,000 miles out of a set of tires on my LR M3. My car has about 30,000 miles and I'm on my 2nd set of summer tires and my 2nd set of winter tires at the four year mark.

The 21" tires are expensive, they will wear out quickly, and it's not a commonly available size. Other than cosmetics I don't understand why Tesla chose it.

Additionally the 21" wheels are more likely to get curbed and they are more likely to be damaged by potholes during normal driving.

So, I switched to MYP yesterday (22nd), and my New Edd updated in less than 24 hours. (Same order window as you as you can see in my signature). 25Mar Order, and current EDD ~ 28 Aug - 07 September.

Like you.... the more frequent tire changes and more premium tire prices got to my head... so I was more than happy to take the long range... but with depreciating circumstances I bit the bullet. My plan is to change out the 21 in Rims for 20s or even 19's at the end of the 1st set's life span. My Reps were saying they'd have to be changed roughly around 15k.... i'm more of a conservative driver... and commute a lot per week so they said i can run it to around 15-20k miles.
Any idea how much it costs to swap those rims?

Tire wear is a real thing on all Tesla vehicles if you drive the car in a spirited fashion.

I have never gotten more than 12,000 miles out of a set of tires on my LR M3. My car has about 30,000 miles and I'm on my 2nd set of summer tires and my 2nd set of winter tires at the four year mark.

The 21" tires are expensive, they will wear out quickly, and it's not a commonly available size. Other than cosmetics I don't understand why Tesla chose it.

Additionally the 21" wheels are more likely to get curbed and they are more likely to be damaged by potholes during normal driving.
Wow, thats pretty bad wear. My existing ICE SUV lasted 4 years before needing a change. I drive about 10k per year.

I upgraded mine to a performance and droppped FSD and took delivery in June. So glad I did! It drives and performs amazing. Only bummer is that mine came with summer tires and horribly dangerous for winter driving in snow so looking at a set of Michelin all seasons for $1,700 on Tirerack. The performance upgrade is worth every penny imo.

I upgraded mine to a performance and droppped FSD and took delivery in June. So glad I did! It drives and performs amazing. Only bummer is that mine came with summer tires and horribly dangerous for winter driving in snow so looking at a set of Michelin all seasons for $1,700 on Tirerack. The performance upgrade is worth every penny imo.
I thought FSD cars are also prioritized. Do you think you got it sooner because of upgrading to MYP?

Yes - upgrading from LR to Performance helped me to get my vehicle several months sooner. Original orde date was February with EDD in December. Upgraded to Performance in April and took delivery in June. I could not be happier with the performance! It’s awesome!

Another data point I guess
My order details are in my signature.

I was stuck in the Jan-Apr 23 jail for two months, while others in Austin who ordered after me (with the same config) were getting cars delivered early.
I got my VIN assigned last Thursday (8/25), and have delivery scheduled for 9/1. It is a Fremont built - F534
My trick was to add FSD, and remove it as soon as the VIN got assigned. I don't know if adding FSD was necessary and may have got a VIN assigned anyway, but anyway. I was fed up and wanted to give it a try knowing Tesla could have changed their policies anytime!

Another data point I guess
My order details are in my signature.

I was stuck in the Jan-Apr 23 jail for two months, while others in Austin who ordered after me (with the same config) were getting cars delivered early.
I got my VIN assigned last Thursday (8/25), and have delivery scheduled for 9/1. It is a Fremont built - F534
My trick was to add FSD, and remove it as soon as the VIN got assigned. I don't know if adding FSD was necessary and may have got a VIN assigned anyway, but anyway. I was fed up and wanted to give it a try knowing Tesla could have changed their policies anytime!
That is interesting and tempting. Had almost decided to change to MYP.