Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edmonton to Vancouver via Jasper in a SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I'd give a quick summary of my trip from Edmonton to Vancouver via Jasper in SR+. For the most part it's pretty straight forward, leave Edmonton with a full charge and stop in Edson to get you to Jasper. There are 3 chargers at the Guest House Inn and Leo's Kitchen + Bar so it should be easy to grab some juice while you grab a bite. By staying in for less than two hours you should have no issue getting to Jasper which is the hardest part of this leg. It should be a lot easier once L3 chargers are installed in Edson. Jasper has 4 tesla chargers with 2 tesla ends and 2 J1772 ends at the train station so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting a full charge before you leave although if you don't, you can also charge in Mt. Robson if need be. I was there for 2 days so it wasn't a big deal to charge up to 100% with a combination of L2 and even L1 at the hotel (one good thing about Jasper is that it's in the mountains so there's tonnes of block heater plugs that work well for L1 if you have to time to charge on them.

From Jasper, I stopped at Blue River with a CHAdeMO adapter for about 20 minutes and the same time changed my destination to Vancouver so I knew how much I would need in the battery to make it Kamloops and beyond. The Supercharger network definitely makes things super easy but even without it, it's fairly easy to get where you need to go using plugshare and ABRP. For the record, I went via Calgary on the way to Edmonton which is more straight forward and used the SuperCharger network all the way to Edmonton.

Feel free to ask any questions!