Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edmonton Waiting List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gotta vent a bit... Tesla Edmonton is legit a joke. Custom order May 2nd but wasn't assigned a VIN. Had to look through Calgary inventory to get a car with matching specs. Had my SA assigned that vehicle to my order. Initially set for Sunday (June 20th) delivery but took about a week to get it delivered from Calgary to Edmonton...... So I rescheduled for Saturday (June 26th). Saw it sitting in the Edmonton lot since Tuesday. Get a call today from my SA saying "the vehicle isn't in Edmonton yet". Surprised me, to say the least. I called BS on that and to look into this further as it was indeed in Edmonton by Tuesday. Responded back saying that it's in the shop to get some paint touch-ups and won't be delivered until Tuesday now. Apparently, there is only one service tech at the Edmonton location and they couldn't do an inspection till right before delivery - to which they found an issue. I'm glad they took it to the shop to do paint touch-ups before delivery but how long it took from Calgary to Edmonton, to sitting in the lot with no inspection, and to miscommunication with the customer, it does not look good at all. To see oatman778 get a call that their delivery is earlier while they can't even inspect my car until now really struck a nerve...

It is bad service, no question. I knew it was going to be before I even ordered. I finally got a delivery date...happens to be during the 3 days i'm out of town. 3 days in the last year and a half i'm outta town......fml. I'm coming home early to pick it up, making my trip a cluster fk. Ah well....no point in my stressing out about it. Just lame is all. I suspect Tesla's service isn't going to get better any time soon. I think they are too swamped and can't/won't invest fast enough on service people.

Yeah not sure what happened; I'd like to think it was something crazy because I would think that me having ordered in March they'd be giving me some priority instead of cancelling my VIN and then telling me i'm looking at August/Sept now. Imagine ordering in March and having to wait until Sept when some people who ordered in the first week of June are getting theirs already. Oh well, i knew it was a disaster before I ordered. More upset about them holding my 50K than anything.

Man that’s super frustrating about the deliveries. Back in March it seemed like delivery dates were a month or less. I was out in Vancouver where they delivery 60 Tesla’s a day, I can say that some definitely get damaged in transit. I’m from Lethbridge area, but I was out in Vancouver when my other car broke down, and it was the last straw. So I had Tesla Vancouver source me a Tesla that matched the specs I wanted. I imagine the designated owner denied delivery due to some minor rock chip damage but by time I was looking it was repaired and available and they knocked some off the final price

I was surprised how many new ones appear in the inventory so if you’re waiting for one, keep an eye on that as the service advisors at Tesla are so overworked it seems, and I don’t think that’s in their pay grade In my experience though they love their job and have been a pleasant to deal with. Thankfully you pretty much never have to go back there

4 months, 10k in on my M3 LR and the rear splash guard got un clipped and was dragging after I hit a bump. Something I would normally fix myself but I’ve never had warranty before. Everyone at Tesla Calgary was super nice and the place was really clean.

It will def be worth the wait to get the car, but it’s super frustrating dropping that much money and getting limited communication with the S.A and confusing updates on the Tesla account

p.s. I cant believe Calgary and Edmonton only have 2 super chargers. Makes it hard for someone to do rideshare/Uber on days off when no fast charging

Reactions: Wonderland
Hello Fellow Edmontonians. Glad to have found this thread. My wife and I are considering a Model 3 Standard Range Plus with Full Self-Driving Capability, as we just received news that our current 11 year Nissan Altima gasser needs some major engine repairs at only 105,000 Km. We figure now is a good time to start thinking about another car.

1. What is your experience driving a Tesla in our sometimes brutal winters?
2. When you place your order online for the car, what is missing from the prices? Is it just taxes?
3. How's the reliability and build quality?

Anything else you can mention about experiences and regrets/suggestions, please let me know thank you.

Hello Fellow Edmontonians. Glad to have found this thread. My wife and I are considering a Model 3 Standard Range Plus with Full Self-Driving Capability, as we just received news that our current 11 year Nissan Altima gasser needs some major engine repairs at only 105,000 Km. We figure now is a good time to start thinking about another car.

2. When you place your order online for the car, what is missing from the prices? Is it just taxes?

Anything else you can mention about experiences and regrets/suggestions, please let me know thank you.
No issue driving our Model Y last year in the winter, it is a joy to drive and the instant heat we really nice.

I don’t know if I would say the following is missing from the price but it was what I bought in no particular order:
- Gen 3 wall connector
- Winter tires and rims (this is a must for me, I will not own a car that does not have a set of winter tires.)
- screen protector, mate version to cut down on glare
- floor mats for front and back rows, I got the ones from 3D max spider. I love them and would definitely recommend getting them.
- The one thing that I have not got get is a spare tire, I plan on getting one for those long road trips that go through areas with no cell service.

I have not complaints with reliability or build quality the car has been great. The only down side that we have run into is the cost to replace the windshield, 1400$ from Tesla and it sounds like they are the only game in town until someone starts making windshields other than Tesla.

No matter where you are in Canada, if you want a SR+ you may be waiting a while. Current estimates on the website says January, as new reports say that they are either going to just concentrate production on Long Range and Performance models, or it is so hot that it actually sold out all of it for the rest of the year.

I had a Model S for 6 winters here, never any problems. Best winter car I've owned, and I had 4 Subarus before I got the S. Dual motor AWD is great in the winter. Good tires are key, I used Nokian WRs but many go with a set of winter tires. Instant heat is great, passengers enjoy having all the seats heated, and no worries about it not starting in the deep cold. I have had my S outside for 5 or 6 days straight at -30, no problems (although you do want to leave it plugged in to at least a 120V outlet).

I just traded the S in on a Y, as I recall as you go through the ordering process all the costs are shown, including tire and AC tax, delivery fees, etc. There are no surprises when you sign the final paperwork and no one trying to sell you undercoating and Scotchguarding. When you pick the car up, you sign the final papers, inspect the car, and drive away. It is a much better experience than a traditional dealership. I worked with Kamal at the Edmonton store and he was great, responsive to my questions and helpful when I needed it, but I didn't meet him in person until the day I picked the car up.

Can't speak to the 3 or Y yet, but build quality and reliability on my 2015 S was great, I had no problems with the car until about six months ago and then a wiring harness needed to be replaced which cost me about $400 (out of warranty). In the meantime, just a couple of sets of tires, wiper blades, and brake cleanings. Plus two windshields, which are expensive for sure. Worst part of ownership, just be prepared for it. Unfortunately I caught a rock on Henday before I even had 200km on the car and it spread immediately, so I will be finding out the replacement costs for the Y shortly I'm afraid.

@YEG EV has a good list of extras to consider, I also bought the MaxSpider mats through Costco for considerably less than Tesla's pricing. You don't need to buy the wall connector, a dryer outlet in the garage will work, but I bought the wall connector so I could leave the mobile charger in the car and because I think the wall connector is safer.

Good luck with the decision, and don't forget to ask someone for a referral code when you order so you can get 1500km of free Supercharging. If you don't know anyone with a Tesla, asking on these forums will get you about 1000 responses within seconds 😂.

@TLej, my cost for a new windshield was 1438.50$ after tax at the Edmonton Tesla service centre.

Another thing that we bought that is a nice to have (must have if using mobile connector to charge) is the plug set for the mobile connector, we plan on going camping with the car next year and being able to charge at the camp sites is going to be really nice.

@TLej, my cost for a new windshield was 1438.50$ after tax at the Edmonton Tesla service centre.

Another thing that we bought that is a nice to have (must have if using mobile connector to charge) is the plug set for the mobile connector, we plan on going camping with the car next year and being able to charge at the camp sites is going to be really nice.
Ouch, that's more than the S. Crazy.

Was reading some of the previous posts regarding wait times and deliveries and I cringed because I waited 3 months for my car so I know what y’all went through. But honesty you forget all the trouble you went through on your first day driving home. (seriously)

I have a LR MY and it’s been so fun! I also ended up getting acceleration boost which only made things more thrilling.

I drive to Fort Mac every month and have been avg between 155-160 wh/km with 20” inductions so pretty efficient with my config.

Couple things I did after delivery:

-PPF the front
-Window tint to match the rear
-Acc boost to gap all cars at the red light
-Upgraded my garage outlet to 240V/50 amp. However I didn’t realize that the mobile connector has a max amp rating of 30amp so best to wire your garage for a 30 amp instead of using 6 gauge cable which really sucks because they are so stiff.
-floor mats off Amazon (130)
-screen protector
-mudflats (ordered)