Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edmunds.com does not include Tesla sales in their industry report

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
insideevs.com tracks tesla sales and has a pretty good track record on accuracy. I think they call dealers for info and make a prediction. last year (according to them) they had to correct Model S by only 400-500 units.

And don't believe the BS, Tesla doesn't release numbers because they want to control the media story. Even their quarterly numbers are heavily manipulated and inconsistent on what is released. If you are curious, the next 2 quarters are going to be interesting. Model S demand is falling (or not actually supply limited, and unable to grow to target), and the 25,000 Model X reservations seem to have evaporated...you can order a Model X now with roughly the standard lead time despite them delivering <10k units ever.

It's going to be a tough 12 months ahead.

• Disagree
Reactions: Yuri_G
insideevs.com tracks tesla sales and has a pretty good track record on accuracy. I think they call dealers for info and make a prediction. last year (according to them) they had to correct Model S by only 400-500 units.

And don't believe the BS, Tesla doesn't release numbers because they want to control the media story. Even their quarterly numbers are heavily manipulated and inconsistent on what is released. If you are curious, the next 2 quarters are going to be interesting. Model S demand is falling (or not actually supply limited, and unable to grow to target), and the 25,000 Model X reservations seem to have evaporated...you can order a Model X now with roughly the standard lead time despite them delivering <10k units ever.

It's going to be a tough 12 months ahead.

That's quite an opinion you have there.. Care to back that up with actual facts? Or better yet, anyone else care to corroborate this position?

Jeff

They call Tesla dealers to get an idea about Tesla sales? You realize Tesla doesn't have dealers right?

Heavily manipulated? Every quarter they report how many cars they delivered (as in how many cars customers received and paid for) and how many cars they made. Pretty straight forward.

Tesla doesn't release monthly numbers because they want to control the story, that is for sure. The media has consistently proven that they cannot understand Tesla's (relatively simple) delivery cadence and will report nonsense like: "Tesla sales down 90% for March" or "Tesla sales up 200% for June" whenever they get monthly numbers. I guess it is too hard to understand that Tesla batches their deliveries and sends them to different markets. Reporting quarterly numbers helps smooth this out.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I understand it is a tesla forum.

They report what they made only to misdirect when the deliveries fail to meet expectations. If you don't agree, just tabulate quarterly production for the last 2 years. Give it a try before you protest so strongly.

I'm a tesla owner, and believe in the product. Hell! Elon musk himself couldn't build a car like this for what I paid for it!