Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edmunds has their Model X...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was hoping they would get an April build with fewer potential problems. Looks like they have a Signature! :eek: I hope they got a good one.... Not really accurate do extrapolate quality to all Models produced based on the first few from any manufacturer.

How many people say they never buy the first model year from any manufacturer? For a review site to get one of the first thousand is not very representative of what is to come.

It's a lot more representative than not testing one...

I followed the Edmunds long term test of the Model S. They did a great job of pointing out the good and bad and I have a feeling that the power they had in putting a lot of attention on the flaws (like drive unit issues) caused Tesla to respond quicker to fix those problems for everyone.

I ended up buying my first Tesla as a result of the Edmunds test. Yes, they found issues with the Model S, and I stayed away from the 21" wheel package because of the problems Edmunds had, but I was reassured by what they experienced. I'm sure they'll find problems with the X, but they are fair and they are serious car people. They aren't biased against hybrids or EVs (they now have a new Prius and the Volt in their long term fleet and recently had a BMW i3), so whatever they discover will be a good reflection of what is to come.

So Edmunds just wrapped up their long term test of the Model X. Their bottom line?
"Bottom Line: The Model X accelerates at a remarkable rate, its rear doors are undeniable conversation-starters, and it boasts technological advances at every turn. But some tech is to its detriment. Repeated issues with the falcon-wing doors, numerous repairs, and a tough resale market outweighed the positives of owning the car."