TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Edmunds has their Model X...

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Eclectic, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Eclectic

Eclectic Member

Dan Edmunds on Twitter

Stay tuned for their long term review. They had quite the experience with their long term Model S and they pull no punches.

• Informative x 2
    • Love x 1
  2. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

I was hoping they would get an April build with fewer potential problems. Looks like they have a Signature! :eek: I hope they got a good one.... Not really accurate do extrapolate quality to all Models produced based on the first few from any manufacturer.

3. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Well a negative review will lead to Tesla to put more effort to improve build quality. They are lucky that press has not reported the issues that some owners faced.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  4. Drivin

Drivin Member

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

• Like x 2
  5. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

How many people say they never buy the first model year from any manufacturer? For a review site to get one of the first thousand is not very representative of what is to come.

• Helpful x 1
  6. Eclectic

Eclectic Member

It's a lot more representative than not testing one...

I followed the Edmunds long term test of the Model S. They did a great job of pointing out the good and bad and I have a feeling that the power they had in putting a lot of attention on the flaws (like drive unit issues) caused Tesla to respond quicker to fix those problems for everyone.

I ended up buying my first Tesla as a result of the Edmunds test. Yes, they found issues with the Model S, and I stayed away from the 21" wheel package because of the problems Edmunds had, but I was reassured by what they experienced. I'm sure they'll find problems with the X, but they are fair and they are serious car people. They aren't biased against hybrids or EVs (they now have a new Prius and the Volt in their long term fleet and recently had a BMW i3), so whatever they discover will be a good reflection of what is to come.

• Like x 3
  7. tenstringer009

They just put up their 'Introduction' today. They got it with Ludicrous but didn't get the white seats (which is too bad; it would've been interesting to see how those would hold up).

8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

So far all Edmunds has done is describe the X they got, but no comments about driving it, functionality, or anything really. So nothing interesting so far from them, at least not to me.

9. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

Couldn't believe all the hate and ignorance from posters on the Edmunds site...