Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edmunds - Price with Options is available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see it either. Why do they have (Late Availability) next to 60 and 85 kWh packs when they will be produced first? Also, I'm assuming they guessed at the $1,950 delivery charge unless they got that from Tesla.

On the Signature, they also allow you to add 21" wheels for $3,500 when they are included in the price.

I think they mentioned the 85KW (300 mile) would be done first, then the other batteries. I also remember someone else posting somewhere the $1950 delivery charge. That's why there is a tread asking about "factory delivery." It's the Tech package that appears missing (I think).

Their base prices are incorrect. They have the Sig starting $8K higher than TM announced and have some standard features as options.
They are quoting the prices that don't include the $7,500 federal tax credit (Tesla lists prices that factor this credit into the final price). They do have many things listed incorrectly though with the options.

I emailed Edmunds directly on 12/22/2011 after Model S Pricing and Options came out and they replied:

"Thanks for sending us this information, we always appreciate user feedback. We are aware of the new Tesla Model S pricing that was just announced, we are already in the process of building this vehicle and it should be available on our site 1/4/12. It will be available at the link below.
http://www.edmunds.com/tesla/model-s/2013/

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Sheldon Kung
QA Analyst
"

Return email is:

Edmunds Support <[email protected]>

If someone who has already taken the time to analyze their "price with options" and figure out what's wrong with it could email them the precise errors so they can fix them. It might help them to email one of the Excel spreadsheets we put together, too.

I just noticed Edmunds calls it the "2012 Tesla Model S" -- is the model year supposed to be a 2013 introduced in 2012 or ?

Thanks!

Russ

PS. Lots of people use Edmund's site to configure vehicles, so from a stockholder point of view, it's important that we help them to get it right. We also need to check kbb.com to see if they have added Model S options yet, too.

Last edited:
I think they are missing the tech package option in Edmunds. Someone did their own Google docs excel sheet on the forum, and that's actually better than Edmunds.

Sent edmunds an email as follows

There are quite a number of errors in the Tesla Model S.

Error 1: It's not a 2012, it's a 2013

Error 2: There is another option called the tech package that was not included. The price of this option in 3750 for regular model S the no cost for the signature models

Error 3: The 40 kwHr battery is late availability, not the 85 kwHr battery

Error 4: With regards to the performance, the 19 inch and regular 21 inch rims are no cost options

Error 5: The Signature color for grey is not an upgrade- it's a no cost options

Error 6: The Signature red is NOT included for the signature level

Error 7: Trim options are NOT included

Last edited:
I see. I misread it. I sent them an email last night too. Hopefully they fix it.

I just sent Edmund's my version of the Model S Pricing Spreadsheet, so they can check their work. Hope they fix all their misteaks, and thanks to those who emailed to point them out.

PS. Can't wait for Tesla's investor call tomorrow before the open (1/17):

http://ir.teslamotors.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=639308

Will have my trigger finger ready to buy more shares, if warranted. Expect they will announce the much higher reservation count and the stock will pop back up.

Yes, Elon Musk said it.

link? Not doubting you, just trying to figure out when he changed tunes. At the event he was de-emphasizing model years and focusing on version numbers. He made a point to make fun of how model years are creeping further and further ahead (didn't VW or some other company just drop a 2013 model and it's only January?). He said your car's year would be the year in which it was built/delivered.

So while he didn't explicitly say it would be the 2012 Model S, what he DID say lead me to believe they would just call it Model S 1.0 or 2012 Model S.

(this was from the Saturday October 1st, 2010 event speech btw, since I know he did one on the Friday before and then again on Sunday)