Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edmunds Review - Teslaraiti follow up. I'm not the only one.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would have paid MONEY to have a round wheel and stalks as an option over the yoke. Literally would have paid money to get what is essentially a standard feature. Tesla missed out on additional revenue opportunity as I suspect I would not have been the only one..

alternatively? Could have made it an optional feature reserved only for the Plaid drivetrain.
The problem is (for this scenario) is that for better or for worse, they can't make enough model Ses to satisfy the demand with a yoke, why spend extra to make a wheel when they don't need to?

Perhaps when demand dies down they might entertain the idea, but maybe by then it won't be as controversial of a topic.

Why doesn't one of the Tesla aftermarket companies make a top for the yoke steering wheel that can be attached solidly to the yoke steering wheel?
That won't fix the missing stalks, but it should make steering feel more like most people prefer?
I like 2101Guy's idea of Tesla just offering the yoke steering wheel (& removing the stalks) as an option instead making the yoke wheel standard.

Reactions: 2101Guy and NHK X
Bullet points.
- Agree that the new refresh is not a perfect car, there is no perfect car nor manufacturing company.
- Instead there are pros and cons for every aspect of the experience.
- Definitely a large aspect of clickbait from Edmunds although they do offer praise for the car as well.
- Change is hard, and some people have a harder time adapting to change, others have less desire to adapt to change. In tech, lots of changes are made for aesthetics or future thinking, and everyone complains at first (remember the headphone jack?).
- Change with the steering doesn't just mean FSD bullish, also consider progressive steering, something I would be happy to adapt to... a lot of people will probably hate it at first.
- The model 3 is one of the easiest cars to drive. My mother in law who can barely speak English had no problems adapting to the UI, getting into the details to open the glovebox, yes, another story but once she got it she understood. But also in so many ways the user experience is so simple, if you can work an iPad, you can do most of what you need to with the 3. Again, goes back to pros and cons.
- I'm excited for the yoke, and ordered the new LR X and it was a big reason. I'm willing to adapt and understand at times it will be less ergonomic in certain aspects of driving. I'm on the side of wanting to replace my current steering wheel to the yoke on our older X if possible so that both of our Xs feel the same as well as the cybertruck when that comes (apocalypse and weekend trailer vehicle).
- No car is for everyone, nice thing is if you don't prefer this you always have the option of sticking with a 2020 model S or considering all the other great options out there.

>>(remember the headphone jack?).<<
I think you're referring to Apple?
You've made a point - I had to move to Android since that - earbuds don't work with me.
It's only a five minute job to change the wheel to a yoke - cfTesla has it on YouTube. Of course you still keep the stalks, which is good.

• Funny
Reactions: Issaction
>>(remember the headphone jack?).<<
I think you're referring to Apple?
You've made a point - I had to move to Android since that - earbuds don't work with me.
It's only a five minute job to change the wheel to a yoke - cfTesla has it on YouTube. Of course you still keep the stalks, which is good.
Hence the last bullet point. You can’t please all. But since then, Samsung and many other companies have followed. And AirPods sales probably say they weren’t wrong..

but again, that is why choice is nice. If you don’t like Nike, go Addida