Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EEMC or Mobile Connector?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having an issue in the last few weeks and can't figure out root cause. MS75D build 03/17. MCU is original and never serviced. FW 48.37.2

When I go to plug in using my mobile connector the white light around the connector goes black. The cluster display says "ready to charge" or "check connector power." So far the only way I can get it to charge is to unplug the mobile connector from the wall, and reset the MCU. Doing one or the other does not solve it, it must be both. I was initially thinking the memory issue on the MCU, but not sure if it could be the mobile connector too. Anyone see a failed mobile connector? Or is this text book MCU?

The other interesting thing (related?) is that when charging is complete, it completes at a few miles more than what its set to stop at. I usually leave it set at somewhere around 185-190 miles. I'll leave in the morning and its at 202-206. I know there can be some temperature variations but this is actually charging more. When I look in the app or the charge screen, the charge level is beyond what I have set.

The reported range is a guesstimate. There is no way to accurately measure the charge in the battery. Some electric car users call it a GOM (Guess-O-Meter).
Set your car to %. All of the calculations appear to be done in metric units and are converted to imperial units for display.

Plug the connector in to the car forcefully. It must be completely seated. Check the plug and the receptacle for foreign material that will prevent fully seating the plug.