Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EEstor ultra-capacitors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the day the information on this first leaked I have felt this could definitely be a game changer and at a time we really could use one.

From a technological point I would be very interested in how to charge / discharge such a beast. What would be the self discharge? How much of a problem will this be? How efficient can the discharge process be having a wildly varying input voltage? How does this effect the power output? etc, etc, etc.

Perhaps one day we'll know.

commentary by ian clifford

in a new interview posted on the ZennCars news site, ian clifford reveals some more about the contract arrangement between his company and eestor. He mentions how important it was to him, going into the contract with Eestor, to get third party verification of every significant milestone Eestor made, and that the contract is based on acheivement of these milestones.

To find the interview, go to zenn's web page (ZENN Motor Company), click on "News Desk", and then click on the June 2, 2008 entry.

I had to click on "Press" and the hosts were slow and tedious getting Ian on the phone.

The supplied player also did not allow me to pause.

Other than that there were so gems in the interview. Hopefully a transcript will supplied.

Thanks for posting the links TEG. While I do not think iPods will power an automobile anytime soon, the articles make for very good reading.

One must wonder what scheming is going on in the minds of those who will be negatively impacted by this far-reaching technology!

I had to click on "Press" and the hosts were slow and tedious getting Ian on the phone.

The supplied player also did not allow me to pause.

Other than that there were so gems in the interview. Hopefully a transcript will supplied.

When I first listened to the interview, I downloaded it to my computer (there is a download button on the supplied player) which opened it in microsoft media player. Media player let me pause, rewind, and fast forward the interview.

I'm a bit concerned since I agree with what KB says in his first comment, the third party tests don't really show anything other than that EESTOR can actually make some of the components they need. That's still a long way away from making an actual product.
Then in his next comment KB goes off the wall responding to some poster named frankf38, (who I don't see anywhere on the page), and claims that
Why does this frankf38 think that automakers can make more fuel efficient cars? Doesn’t he realize that modern gasoline engines can extract virtually all of the energy out of gasoline?
:eek:
Ah KB, arguing with the voices in your head?