TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EEstor ultra-capacitors

Discussion in 'Battery Discussion' started by stockey, Jan 17, 2007.

Tags:
  1. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

52 kWh at 281 pounds.

Nice. If it ever materializes that is.

2. raymond

raymond Member

potential... Pun intended?

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

As much as I tend to be a fountain of puns (much to my family's chagrin), that one was accidental! (or maybe Freud slipped one in while I wasn't looking)

4. donauker

donauker Member

It certainly excels in both ways!

From the day the information on this first leaked I have felt this could definitely be a game changer and at a time we really could use one.

5. raymond

raymond Member

From a technological point I would be very interested in how to charge / discharge such a beast. What would be the self discharge? How much of a problem will this be? How efficient can the discharge process be having a wildly varying input voltage? How does this effect the power output? etc, etc, etc.

Perhaps one day we'll know.

6. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

The patent says it's on the order of 0.1% per month. If the pack stores 52kWh that means selfdischarge would be around 0.07W.

No problem there.

7. Jeff

Jeff Member

#48 Jeff, May 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Cost talk on EEstor Capacitors - May, 06, 2008

8. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

This guy's statements don't exactly inspire confidence.

9. flabby

flabby Member

commentary by ian clifford

in a new interview posted on the ZennCars news site, ian clifford reveals some more about the contract arrangement between his company and eestor. He mentions how important it was to him, going into the contract with Eestor, to get third party verification of every significant milestone Eestor made, and that the contract is based on acheivement of these milestones.

To find the interview, go to zenn's web page (ZENN Motor Company), click on "News Desk", and then click on the June 2, 2008 entry.

10. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I had to click on "Press" and the hosts were slow and tedious getting Ian on the phone.

The supplied player also did not allow me to pause.

Other than that there were so gems in the interview. Hopefully a transcript will supplied.

11. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

Thanks for posting the links TEG. While I do not think iPods will power an automobile anytime soon, the articles make for very good reading.

One must wonder what scheming is going on in the minds of those who will be negatively impacted by this far-reaching technology!

12. flabby

flabby Member

When I first listened to the interview, I downloaded it to my computer (there is a download button on the supplied player) which opened it in microsoft media player. Media player let me pause, rewind, and fast forward the interview.

13. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

thanks flabby:rolleyes:

14. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

15. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

I'm a bit concerned since I agree with what KB says in his first comment, the third party tests don't really show anything other than that EESTOR can actually make some of the components they need. That's still a long way away from making an actual product.
    Then in his next comment KB goes off the wall responding to some poster named frankf38, (who I don't see anywhere on the page), and claims that
    :eek:
    Ah KB, arguing with the voices in your head?

16. Joseph

Joseph Member

I think KB is a computer generated commenter who comments anywhere anytime, so that imaginary frankf38 might just be a mistake.

17. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

frankf38 does show up as a poster some places.
    Here KB, and related "tom c gray" get a response from frankf38.

18. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member