Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Efacec tesla chademo adapter fail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
first few month my tesla chademo adapter work well with Efacec station, but now I got error "Vehicle is not ready for charge Check the ignition" also station show that battery charged to 50% but charging not start.
I have this problem with many chademo station , only with ABB chademo I have not problem and can charge.

Does anyone has same problem with chademo adapter ? Tesla can change this adapter ?

Thanks

Mine has worked with the stations I have used, but that is limited to only a few types. Have you reported the problem to the network operators? They really should be worried if they're not compatible with Tesla CHAdeMO.

On the other hand, they may say other owners have not reported problems, which could mean your adapter is faulty.

The Tesla CHAdeMO adapters do have firmware in them that Tesla can update. And most of the updates are because of compatibility issues like this where they have found some brands of stations have some weird communication issues, and need a little bit of help to work around them. So you could check with Tesla to see if there is a newer firmware for your adapter that might need an update. But you said you have been using this station before, so that would be strange for it to stop working.