Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Effect of dropping FSD on delivery date - how much slippage in the queue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, not to enter into TMI territory, but I had to make some unexpected repairs on my home and the FSD on my Model Y order (cash purchase) is going to be a casualty. I originally ordered in August and was initially given a delivery date March 2022. This moved up in time from the original date and is now at 12/1 - 12/29/21, I presume because of the higher margin on the vehicle.

I am anticipating that my position in the queue is likely to slip, but I'm trying to get a handle on what I might expect. If I'm lucky with my home repair, my insurance may cover it, but I have to plan as though those $ are gone. I figure I can re-add the FSD again at a later date if things work out. Interested in what experiences others have had with recent drops of the FSD in their orders. Obviously, my big concern is that this change might move me all the way to the back of the line.

Thanks!

So, not to enter into TMI territory, but I had to make some unexpected repairs on my home and the FSD on my Model Y order (cash purchase) is going to be a casualty. I originally ordered in August and was initially given a delivery date March 2022. This moved up in time from the original date and is now at 12/1 - 12/29/21, I presume because of the higher margin on the vehicle.

I am anticipating that my position in the queue is likely to slip, but I'm trying to get a handle on what I might expect. If I'm lucky with my home repair, my insurance may cover it, but I have to plan as though those $ are gone. I figure I can re-add the FSD again at a later date if things work out. Interested in what experiences others have had with recent drops of the FSD in their orders. Obviously, my big concern is that this change might move me all the way to the back of the line.

Thanks!
Dude, who knows. This whole EDD thing is one giant cluster****

Thanks!
From what I've asked about from Tesla employees, removing FSD shouldn't impact your delivery time since it's just a software unlock/upgrade. You can talk to their live chat or your sales advisor though. And if you haven't already considered it, as a reminder you can still reconfigure your financing option (if the car is being financed) and the amount you're paying as the initial downpayment. This can be reconfigured up until payment/delivery. (And if you didn't opt for financing, you can still go that option without impacting your queue.)