Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Effect of wider tires on range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wrong thread?
There are no 50kW superchargers, and I'm also pretty sure there are no 16 cent per kWh superchargers in the USA.
up to what KwH? I'm AVERAGING the production of the SuC and cost of electricity. . . for crying out loud - it us a MATH answer not a detailed accurate SuC answer.

Take your power [lets say 10kwh] and multiply times your COST of power [whatever the charge is] and thats what it costs - if you scroll up to pages 2 and3 you will see what I am responding to . . . .

I am surprised no one has done any experiments to prove/disprove this either way. Shouldn't be that hard...jack up car, coat bottom of whatever tire at x pressure with some dirt/dye/whatever, and then lower down onto a piece of paper...change pressure/tire and repeat.
This video did as you suggested:
1711997071150.png

Reactions: Lindenwood
I have that exact setup- 19" 265 PS4S's on a 9.5" rim, +35mm offset.
With the cruise set at 65, flat ground, 70F outside, I burn about 295 wh/mi. That's about 10-15% more than rated.

Physics just doesn't allow this.
100wh/mi at 75 MPH means you used 7500wh more in one hour, which means it draws 7.5kW.
The heat pump in a Model 3 isn't anywhere near 7.5kW. Even the old resistive heater was way smaller than that. Most home AC units aren't 7.5kW.
Agreed. In addition, wh/mi usage by consumer can be tracked in the energy app in real time.