Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Efficiency stats at 11k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update after ~16 months:

Mileage: 13,009
Efficiency: 248 Wh/mi average (unchanged from 11k miles)

View attachment 748748
How would you characterize your driving? Are you driving slow? Highway speeds? Do you mash the pedal ever? I‘m always so curious about these numbers.

On Christmas I drove 130 miles round trip to 305 Wh/mile and I was traveling at normal speeds. Maybe I hit 75+ a for a 10 mile stretch each way, otherwise 65-75 most of the way. It was raining Lightly and was 40 degrees but on flat terrain w no wind.

I see you have the 19” wheels which probably makes the difference but always amazed at these efficiency numbers.

How would you characterize your driving? Are you driving slow? Highway speeds? Do you mash the pedal ever? I‘m always so curious about these numbers.

On Christmas I drove 130 miles round trip to 305 Wh/mile and I was traveling at normal speeds. Maybe I hit 75+ a for a 10 mile stretch each way, otherwise 65-75 most of the way. It was raining Lightly and was 40 degrees but on flat terrain w no wind.

I see you have the 19” wheels which probably makes the difference but always amazed at these efficiency numbers.
This is what I see for reference. On a mild dry day, 270 at 65, 280ish at 70, 300 at 80. Driving in town around 30-40mph average, I see 200-215.

Add cooler temperatures or rain and you’re going to surpass those numbers by 10-20%.

I'm at 242 Wh/mi after 1.5 years and 22k miles. I am a fairly gentle driver, but enjoy mashing the pedal on occasion. Mixed driving, usually precondition cab.

Much of my commute is in fairly heavy traffic. This provides some drafting benefit and necessarily keeps speeds down, often to the 55, 65, or 70 MPH highway speed limits.

Driving NYC’s heavy trafficked highways has kept my numbers down as well, those are my lowest Wh/ Mile trips. With C19 most of my driving has been more local though. When I drive locally (even preconditioned) I rarely get below 300. Preconditioned the car last night and drove 40 miles round trip to JFK airport and had 261 (lowest ever for a drive). Later I drove another 50 mile trip (this tIme no preconditioned) and it was 320. It matters.

I just passed 14K miles after 9 months in MYLR 2021 with an average energy of 287Wh/mi. Typically drive at speed limit +5mph ~50% highway, roof bars installed for all but 500 miles.

15% of the total miles were towing our teardrop camper.

Just finished a 1200 mile Christmas roadtrip to Maryland and back on highways, with snow tires with average energy pf 300Wh/mi.

This is what I see for reference. On a mild dry day, 270 at 65, 280ish at 70, 300 at 80. Driving in town around 30-40mph average, I see 200-215.

Add cooler temperatures or rain and you’re going to surpass those numbers by 10-20%.
Average 200-215 around town!!!!

Most of what I do is that and I’m around 300-315 typically. The lowest I have ever gotten is 260, on a flat highway going 60

How?

Average 200-215 around town!!!!

Most of what I do is that and I’m around 300-315 typically. The lowest I have ever gotten is 260, on a flat highway going 60

How?
Very easy acceleration, speeds between 25-45mph. 80% flat. Preconditioned by the app running in 50* temperatures.

Highway and hard acceleration runs absolutely obliterate my wh usage. Most highway trips I’m in the low 300’s -again because I generally drive at 85mph on open freeways. Note my lifetime average is 302wh/mi (4,400 miles) and continues to creep upward. Heck, it’s $0.03/mile in electricity at that efficiency which is 1/8th the cost of gas where I’m at. I’m always ahead.

I leave all the HVAC settings on Auto because that’s what it’s designed for and honestly, it’s using the AC and heater for the battery anyway so may as well use some to keep me comfortable. No sense in spending $65k on a car where I have to be uncomfortable inside to save a few cents. ridiculous..

Reactions: MY-Y
I rarely travel in rush hour, so in the DFW region, highway travel, 60-75mph. Lifetime average (20k miles) 284 Wh/mi.

Twice this week, 70 mile R/T FW/Dallas, in traffic, same highways, 60% bumper-to-bumper, 35-50mph: 230 Wh/mi.

I suspect our CA friends here spend a good bit of their travel time in the 35-50mph range, in traffic, hence the lower Wh/mi.

Pure speculation. YMMV.

Very easy acceleration, speeds between 25-45mph. 80% flat. Preconditioned by the app running in 50* temperatures.

Highway and hard acceleration runs absolutely obliterate my wh usage. Most highway trips I’m in the low 300’s -again because I generally drive at 85mph on open freeways. Note my lifetime average is 302wh/mi (4,400 miles) and continues to creep upward. Heck, it’s $0.03/mile in electricity at that efficiency which is 1/8th the cost of gas where I’m at. I’m always ahead.

I leave all the HVAC settings on Auto because that’s what it’s designed for and honestly, it’s using the AC and heater for the battery anyway so may as well use some to keep me comfortable. No sense in spending $65k on a car where I have to be uncomfortable inside to save a few cents. ridiculous..
Ok. I have a MYP and you have a LR w 19” Geminis. My highway Wh/ Mile is 360ish traveling 80+. I guess the difference is the tires and temp.