Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EGO chains saw

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got an EGO chainsaw with an 18” bar that has worked great for the cleanup around my 1 acre property. I’ve cut down a few trees with 8-12” trunks on them. It works really good for me.

One difference between using this and a traditional chainsaw is when operating at the limit of the saw. For the EGO chainsaw, it won’t start moving the chain if there is resistance on it. If you overload it and the saw bogs down and stops, you almost need to remove it from the tree, get the blade going again, and resume your cut. If you don’t force it’s progress bogging the saw down, it will work good. The method I see people do with bogging down a 2-stroke chainsaw does not work with the EGO products.

The 5.0 Ah batteries are good for dozens of cuts, but you may have to pace yourself waiting for batteries to charge. You can’t do a full day of cutting with their chainsaw without several extra batteries or their high speed chargers. I limit myself to cutting down a single tree and then cleaning up the mess from that tree, so it hasn’t been a problem for me.

I also have their pole saw attachment for my multi-head tool along with an extension for added reach. This works really good, even when cutting 4-6” limbs.

Reactions: byeLT4 and DaveG_NJ
I have a husqvarna 18 inch gas chain saw and really want to go electric, I have all EGO equipment and based on the reviews of their chain saw I’m thinking of getting one. Wondering if anybody has one and if so how you like it.
I got one last summer and love it. I wasn't trying to take down large diameter trees, but in one day, I was able to cut down five 8" to 10" diameter trees, and cut all the trees and branches into 12" lengths for my wood stove. The saw still had over 50% charge at the end of the day.
The stock chain slices very well. No earplugs needed, very little vibration, no smelling like exhaust and gas at the day's end.
I picked up mine at Ace Hardware.

I have a husqvarna 18 inch gas chain saw and really want to go electric, I have all EGO equipment and based on the reviews of their chain saw I’m thinking of getting one. Wondering if anybody has one and if so how you like it.
I've been abusing mine for 3+ years now and it still works great. With 4 batteries, I've run it as long as the job takes. It fell about 10' when the knot slipped while roping it down and I was able to straighten out the bar and keep going. Love it!

I love my Ego equipment (lawn mower, leaf blower, hedge clipper, edger and string trimmer). My 7.5 Ah battery isn't going as far as it once did, but I guess that's the problem with batteries. No 2-cycle gas smell or mixing. My last gas piece of equipment is my snow thrower. Been thinking about replacing it with the Ego. If I had trees that I could reach, I wouldn't hesitate to get the chainsaw.

I'm 50/50 on mine. Definitely has the capability for my use of just clearing around the yard and trimming our trees. Mine leaks the chain lube. Not a ton but enough to make a mess. A bit frustrating as the other equipment I have by them (mower and hedge trimmer) works very well and is so clean LOL. I am still hoping the wife gets me the weedeater for Christmas.