Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach + accel boost vs. MPP comforts

How would you spend ~$2500

• Eibach springs, sways, and acceleration boost

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • MPP comfort coilovers

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Title says it all. Having a hard time deciding where to put my pennies.

Goals in order of priority:
- Get rid of the wheel gap
- Smiles per mile of driving
- Improve handling, or at least don't make it worse

I've never lowered a car and have no basis for springs vs coilovers. I know coilovers are superior, but I don't know how bad springs are. What I've read is the OEM dampers + stiffer springs = not awesome. I've also read plenty of stories about people who put on springs and eventually went with coils. That makes me nervous and lean towards the MPP comforts.

But the accel boost is fun. 90% of my driving is surface streets. No plans to track the car.

Don't know anyone nearby with either option for a test drive, so I'm flying blind here. Any help or experience would be appreciated.

I don't know about the Eibach product specifically but generally speaking lowering by using only a spring swap leaves you less travel before you hit the original suspension bump stops. The Model 3 already has an issue with easily hitting those stops, so you are unlikely to be happy with the outcome of a spring swap there.

For point #2; What makes you smile more? Rounding corners and lane shifting with even more uncanny control at an unnatural velocity, or pressing your butt back even harder in a straight line? That's a personal thing. I'm heavy towards corners vs straight line, even though I certainly do enjoy the jump-up Teslas give, too. So the damper kit for me. However this is very much a "you be you" thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perscitus
If you are installing yourself, you should absolutely go for lowering springs first unless you have high expectations for handling. You are essentially only risking $300. This works out great if you are looking for comfort similar to stock, no real handling advantage to stock, but a better visual aesthetic. Don't spend $ on sways yet -- see how you perceive things with springs alone and add sways later if you want.

Me personally...M3P+ on eibach pro-kits -- comfort is good (very close to stock), handling no difference. I wish turn in felt a little tighter but am not convinced sways will help with this. Maybe at some point I'll try them out.

If you are more focused on handling improvement then I'd personally go straight to the MPP sports or similar and wait until you have the funds for the acceleration boost or whatever.

Based on your priorities (in the first post), the answer is clear to me.

The ride with springs only is not "ideal" but it's not horrible either. The improvement with sway bars is significant. In terms of smiles-per-mile, there's no replacement for displacement :)

I am not a fan of lowering springs only on this car, having been-there-done-that, but for the constraints you have provided option 1 is still the best bang for your buck.