Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach Pro-Kit installed (2020 LR)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just drive onto some 2x4s or 2x6s to elevate the tires.

After spring install, i put some 2x4's under the tires as well, to make the jack removal more easy.

Also for the spring install, I pre-ordered a 1/4" drive 13mm Craftsman deep socket from amazon for like 5 bux, this way i didn't have to remove the upper control arm assembly.
The socket barely fit without having to grind it down. On the driver side, i noticed the nut wasn't lined up exactly under the open hole, so i loosed the 4 nuts holding the upper control arm assembly, and was able to shift the assembly to line it up. This method worked out great for me.
I think I was able to complete it in like 2 hrs as well. The only scary part was, you have to compress the new springs quite a bit to get the the top hat bolted on (front only). All the cars I've lowered in the past didn't require that much scary compression because generally lowering springs a lot shorter than stock.

Is there enough clearance for a low profile jack with Model 3 lifting pucks after installing the pro-kit? Need to make sure I can still change tires seasonally before proceeding with this. TIA!
Even with stock suspension and on the OE 19s or 20s, there often isnt enough clearance... also with lifts and their arms/adapters coupled with pucks, etc.

2x4s, etc get the job done in either case.
Get four 1x2s and enjoy the balancing act. Much easier to pull off with EVs vs ICE cars for multiple reasons.

Just had the pro kit installed on my 2020 standard range + and I’m having two issues. Three actually. First issue is the drop amounts were not accurate. Front dropped 1-3/8”. Good. Maybe a hair lower than expected. Rear only dropped 3/8”... hardly even noticeable or worth while. Not even close to an even spacing in the wheel well gaps as expected. Second issue is the radius arm ( I think it’s called that) in the front suspension is really REALLY close to the tire surface. Like 1/8” Gap or less. I think it’s creating a wizzing sound that I’m hearing at 50km/h or higher. The third issue is/was, the car had no rear sway bar at all. My understanding is that all the model 3’s have these. This required the shop to purchase some end links to properly install the rear sway bar.
Should I contact eibach with my concerns?
0D5C56B1-B48D-42CB-A953-66C1D995F239.jpeg
9CCA41A2-0E02-41D9-93FF-7BF942485C9B.jpeg

Just had the pro kit installed on my 2020 standard range + and I’m having two issues. Three actually. First issue is the drop amounts were not accurate. Front dropped 1-3/8”. Good. Maybe a hair lower than expected. Rear only dropped 3/8”... hardly even noticeable or worth while. Not even close to an even spacing in the wheel well gaps as expected. Second issue is the radius arm ( I think it’s called that) in the front suspension is really REALLY close to the tire surface. Like 1/8” Gap or less. I think it’s creating a wizzing sound that I’m hearing at 50km/h or higher. The third issue is/was, the car had no rear sway bar at all. My understanding is that all the model 3’s have these. This required the shop to purchase some end links to properly install the rear sway bar.
Should I contact eibach with my concerns? View attachment 596546View attachment 596547

The SR+ doesn't come with a rear sway bar, it has the most rear-biased weight distribution of the 3's so they were probably trying to keep it from getting too crazy. That gap you are seeing between the tire and spindle doesn't change whether you are lowered or on stock suspension, the only determining factor will be your wheel and tire sizes.

The SR+ doesn't come with a rear sway bar, it has the most rear-biased weight distribution of the 3's so they were probably trying to keep it from getting too crazy. That gap you are seeing between the tire and spindle doesn't change whether you are lowered or on stock suspension, the only determining factor will be your wheel and tire sizes.

thank you. I didn’t think it would change with this work, but wasn’t 100%.

Hello what part number did you use from Eibach for the SR+
the one I have is the PROKIT-E10-87-001-04-22 and no issues

Yes, same part number. The installer did say that the rear springs were almost identical in length to stock, so now I’m wondering if the wrong ones were packaged at eibach... would be just my luck.
B921316E-0BB0-4675-A33A-AFCF2E203CE1.jpeg

thank you. I didn’t think it would change with this work, but wasn’t 100%.

Yes, same part number. The installer did say that the rear springs were almost identical in length to stock, so now I’m wondering if the wrong ones were packaged at eibach... would be just my luck.
View attachment 596651
I know pictures can be very deceiving, but for what it’s worth, your picture above looks perfect to me as far as level from front to rear...

I know pictures can be very deceiving, but for what it’s worth, your picture above looks perfect to me as far as level from front to rear...
Don’t get me wrong. It doesn’t look horrible. Rough measurement from wheel arch to tire is 2” rear, 1-3/8” front. Vast improvement over stock. But lower in front and higher in rear than advertised. Thankfully it wasn’t the other way around!...