Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach Releases Performance Pack Lowering Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally took the plunge and had these installed by 365PerformancePlus in Montclair(highly recommended). The drop IMO is perfect with no reverse rake that O can tell.

Surprisingly the Model 3 feels smoother on perfect road and like stock on not so perfect road. Handling has definitely improved but the biggest improvement to me is braking. The car no longer dives, under hard braking.

I imagine Coilovers are even better, time to save up. Satisfied for now.

Wow, I really love the look of your car, I went to the 365Performance Plus website and was not able to find any information on their springs. Looks like I need to email them.

Just had Eibach Pro Kit installed. The alignment needed very little adjustment but would recommend adjusting regardless. The small bump compliance is surprisingly good and smoother than stock. Haven’t hit any big hits yet. The height is also not giving any clearance issues. The twisties are much more fun now and the looks (in my opinion) is awesome.
9FC98654-F350-436A-8CF9-9C71DF0A3D73.jpeg
A91CB143-ABD1-4DFF-B431-6DE5D567DD55.jpeg

Just had Eibach Pro Kit installed. The alignment needed very little adjustment but would recommend adjusting regardless. The small bump compliance is surprisingly good and smoother than stock. Haven’t hit any big hits yet. The height is also not giving any clearance issues. The twisties are much more fun now and the looks (in my opinion) is awesome.
View attachment 514112 View attachment 514113

Looks great, and cool scenery as well.

The black I’m likely going with is a sterling black. Not super shiny and not so dark you don’t notice. A flat black with a tiny bit of metallic. Should be very close to #2. I’ll post when done (likely within the next month) to share the results.

I appreciate the feedback.

Well here she is...I’ll get another pic at the same location as above.

Amazing experience @extreme coatings & Restoration xtremecoatingsrestoration.com in Murfreesboro, TN.

Being able to find the exact color I wanted was made easy with so many samples on site. They took off tires, dismounted, transformed my wheels, mounted and balanced. Couldn’t have been easier. Best of all, was able to get scheduled quickly and the job was top notch. Highly recommended.

EEFAFD5F-213A-4513-BF91-97A999AA231E.jpeg
08EC2102-89F6-4F59-800B-394EED78084C.jpeg
F82CA48B-94DF-49C0-BDF3-B0935BE4410D.jpeg
E22E6160-C479-41B6-A2A3-8B6479ECA7CF.jpeg
95ACC1E2-2C30-4F27-BDA6-CAAB85A5C0B4.jpeg
E0B7FE14-C989-42C5-8BF4-A7AEE674C63D.jpeg
76B13FBD-32BB-4B5A-8248-75A179E715E5.jpeg

Well here she is...I’ll get another pic at the same location as above.

Amazing experience @extreme coatings & Restoration xtremecoatingsrestoration.com in Murfreesboro, TN.

Being able to find the exact color I wanted was made easy with so many samples on site. They took off tires, dismounted, transformed my wheels, mounted and balanced. Couldn’t have been easier. Best of all, was able to get scheduled quickly and the job was top notch. Highly recommended.

View attachment 516604 View attachment 516605 View attachment 516606 View attachment 516607 View attachment 516608 View attachment 516609 View attachment 516610

Looks Amazing! What color did you end up going with?

Ski

It's possible, but you have to look at spring rates and other considerations. Back in the 90s when lowering common cars became popular, people were lowering Honda Civics, Accords, etc. These cars didn't have extremely sporty or great dampening shocks. The spring manufacturers were catering to a scene of performance enthusiasts so not only were they lowering cars they were greatly increasing spring rates to make cars sportier, stiffer and all the things that culture of buyers wanted. Also, some drops were in excess of 2" so they needed to be hyper-stiff just to prevent the car from bottoming out. In these economy car cases, the struts would fail earlier, so it became sort of known, "Never do springs without struts.". Some of that has lived on.

At least for the Performance model, many of these springs aren't ridiculously stiffer and the struts themselves are already designed with some performance attributes and track use in mind (not what Honda was working on with Civics and Accords). I've lowered a lot of cars and have found good success with lowering BMWs and Audis and other performance oriented cars with sporty shocks and never had issues with stock struts, but I don't keep cars for more than 5 years and these are usually more refined 1" drops on cars that were already fairly stiff and sporty. Just food for thought.

Finally, outside of full coil-overs which are overkill for me (I just wanted aesthetics), I'm not aware of any specific high quality sport dampners out there. I'm sure with the popularity of the 3, someone will produce them so may be an option down the road.

Thanks for the insight. So how could we avoid neg camber with springs? As far as I can recall rear camber arms would help with coilovers, would that also help with springs? How do we also avoid rake look?