Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach Releases Performance Pack Lowering Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished installing the Eibach Pro Kit on my LR AWD. Installed the Pro Kit for the performance model, forgot to cut the bumpstops, tried doing it after it was installed but couldn't get a serated knife to cut it. Will have to take it apart another time to trim them down. Ride feels much squishier than the stock Performance springs I was running.

2iZCLxe

lowered on OEM M3P

2iZCLAW

lowered on Eibach ProKit Performance Version

Here's my $0.02. The pro kits are flying off shelves right now due to their mild drop and renowned brand and history. I had a set of MPP comforts on hand but didn’t think I would get 6x cost benefit of using them with my daily use. So I swapped them for the pro kit. I've had a list of cars I've driven with or without suspension mods through the years so I think I have a feel for suspension differences. For those that are saying that these feel just like stock or even smoother, I disagree. You definitely feel the rebound effect in any dips in the road. If you've ever driven a lowered car, full coilovers or springs, you know what I mean. It's about 80% of the oem feeling. Just don’t go in expecting the ride to feel like stock because it won’t. However with that being said, the shocks dampen well enough for the ride to be compliant and not sloppy. Body roll is noticeably reduced. Anything lower on springs, I can't imagine the ride being bearable. Aesthetically, these are perfect. Not too low and the wheel gap is reduced to a sporty stance. I'm getting two full fingers front and back. So far, I’m enjoying them.

Visually, I think the Eibach's are perfect in the rears for my P3D+. However, I would have loved another 0.25" or so in the front. I am at 3 fingers in the front and 2 in the rear FYI. I think the H&Rs provide a better aesthetic (especially up front). At the same time, I am happy that I have less risk of scraping where I am at now.

No point in waiting. Springs settling is an urban lowering myth.

I think you are right. Modern materials certainly don't have this issue...maybe it was a real issue decades ago. The only reason these things might settle (after the suspension is fully loaded post-installation) is installer error...especially if the springs aren't clocked perfectly, etc. Get the alignment ASAP. I care less about the tire wear (although that matters of course) and more about the potential safety ramifications just in case toe/caster are way off.

For those that are saying that these feel just like stock or even smoother, I disagree. You definitely feel the rebound effect in any dips in the road. If you've ever driven a lowered car, full coilovers or springs, you know what I mean. It's about 80% of the oem feeling. Just don’t go in expecting the ride to feel like stock because it won’t. However with that being said, the shocks dampen well enough for the ride to be compliant and not sloppy. Body roll is noticeably reduced. Anything lower on springs, I can't imagine the ride being bearable. Aesthetically, these are perfect. Not too low and the wheel gap is reduced to a sporty stance. I'm getting two full fingers front and back. So far, I’m enjoying them.

This pretty much sums up my experience with the eibachs on a LR AWD. I did order the correct part for AWD. I opted to NOT cut bump stops. Had them installed at a reputable shop that did another eibach spring install on the same day. Definitely stiffer than stock and more similar to a 3 series, which I think is a good thing

I used to be able to slip in 4 fingers between the tire and fender, now I can only fit 2 fingers. If you go into it with realistic expectations, I think you will be happy with the results.

IMG-5340.jpg

IMG-5341.jpg

Visually, I think the Eibach's are perfect in the rears for my P3D+. However, I would have loved another 0.25" or so in the front. I am at 3 fingers in the front and 2 in the rear FYI. I think the H&Rs provide a better aesthetic (especially up front). At the same time, I am happy that I have less risk of scraping where I am at now.
The H&R’s look too low from the pics I’ve seen. Just like the unplugged variants. I can’t imagine a decent ride on them without new dampers. Hopefully a reputable brand does come out with a damper set in the future. I’m sure a lot of owners will upgrade.

Last edited:
Here is my alignment immediately post install and after alignment. Eibach Pro-Kit; 2019 P3D+

Excess negative camber will definitely create an issue as the car is lowered further. By 'issue', it could slightly benefit handling but create accelerated/uneven inner tire wear. For whatever reason it is greater on the driver's side than passenger for me....maybe related to the operator sitting in the car during the adjustment (my hypothesis, not sure if true) which is probably an accurate reflection of the car in use as I typically drive solo.

IMG_6192.jpg

Surprised to see that much negative camber on your car, especially with it being uneven on the driver side as if it's lower on that side.

Here's my alignment specs on my SR+. For the most part it's similar to your specs, but I noticed that the Model 3's do have a lot more toe adjustment than other cars.

Alignment.jpg

Just finished installing the Eibach Pro Kit on my LR AWD. Installed the Pro Kit for the performance model, forgot to cut the bumpstops, tried doing it after it was installed but couldn't get a serated knife to cut it. Will have to take it apart another time to trim them down. Ride feels much squishier than the stock Performance springs I was running.

2iZCLxe

lowered on OEM M3P

2iZCLAW

lowered on Eibach ProKit Performance Version

Why did you have to cut the bumpstops?

Why did you have to cut the bumpstops?

I don't think he did cut them. Eibach and other springs suggest to cut the bump stops. The reason would be to allow more travel in an effort so that you won't hit the bump stop / hit it as often. There's not a lot of travel in Tesla suspension, lowering lessens it, so cutting the bump stops allows you to gain a little more travel back.

Reactions: XLR82XS
I don't think he did cut them. Eibach and other springs suggest to cut the bump stops. The reason would be to allow more travel in an effort so that you won't hit the bump stop / hit it as often. There's not a lot of travel in Tesla suspension, lowering lessens it, so cutting the bump stops allows you to gain a little more travel back.

Just got the Eibach Pro-kit for performance model installed on my non-performance AWD.

They needed to cut the front bumpstop 25mm and the rear 35mm.

The car now sits 35mm lower in the front and 40mm lower in the back.

The ride quality is only slightly stiffer and there is actually less roadnoise now.

The springs did not settle by just “going round the block”. After driving 300km today the car was 5mm lower when i got home. So they do take time to settle.

Just got the Eibach Pro-kit for performance model installed on my non-performance AWD.

They needed to cut the front bumpstop 25mm and the rear 35mm.

The car now sits 35mm lower in the front and 40mm lower in the back.

The ride quality is only slightly stiffer and there is actually less roadnoise now.

The springs did not settle by just “going round the block”. After driving 300km today the car was 5mm lower when i got home. So they do take time to settle.

They don’t settle much.

Also, just for others since your post almost read like cutting the bump stops impacted the lowering height, and I just wanted to clarify for others that bump stops have nothing to do with the height of the car. Cut or not, the car will be the same height.

Reactions: XLR82XS
So far loving it, I also got newer wheels (20x9) as oppose to stock 20x8 so I can't tell which caused the better handling. It just feels more grounded and corners feel more planted. The only thing I feel is that I now need wider tires lol. Currently have 235/35/20.

I also feel like I want to close the gap a little bit more. Do you guys think 245/40/20 would do the job? or 245/45/20?

So far loving it, I also got newer wheels (20x9) as oppose to stock 20x8 so I can't tell which caused the better handling. It just feels more grounded and corners feel more planted. The only thing I feel is that I now need wider tires lol. Currently have 235/35/20.

I also feel like I want to close the gap a little bit more. Do you guys think 245/40/20 would do the job? or 245/45/20?

Anecdotally, coming from stock 19s, I noticed much more dramatic improvement in handling when I upgraded to performance 20's with michelin pilots. Once I lowered my car, I put the 19s back on and noticed that even though the car was lowered, it did not handle as well (less responsive and turn-in felt slightly less precise) than when I had the 20s on there. With that being said, I couldnt imagine putting 20s on with the eibach kit. It would be way too jarring of a ride for me.

Does cutting the bump stop help with ride quality? I didnt cut mine and on rough roads, you can definitely feel the road and the bounce back can be annoying after a while.