Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach Releases Performance Pack Lowering Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got mine lowered
IMG_20200627_124226.jpg
IMG_20200625_134143.jpg

Anecdotally, coming from stock 19s, I noticed much more dramatic improvement in handling when I upgraded to performance 20's with michelin pilots. Once I lowered my car, I put the 19s back on and noticed that even though the car was lowered, it did not handle as well (less responsive and turn-in felt slightly less precise) than when I had the 20s on there. With that being said, I couldnt imagine putting 20s on with the eibach kit. It would be way too jarring of a ride for me.

Does cutting the bump stop help with ride quality? I didnt cut mine and on rough roads, you can definitely feel the road and the bounce back can be annoying after a while.
Bump stops will only help with big bumps.

When did you get the springs installed? How many miles?

Anecdotally, coming from stock 19s, I noticed much more dramatic improvement in handling when I upgraded to performance 20's with michelin pilots. Once I lowered my car, I put the 19s back on and noticed that even though the car was lowered, it did not handle as well (less responsive and turn-in felt slightly less precise) than when I had the 20s on there. With that being said, I couldnt imagine putting 20s on with the eibach kit. It would be way too jarring of a ride for me.

Does cutting the bump stop help with ride quality? I didnt cut mine and on rough roads, you can definitely feel the road and the bounce back can be annoying after a while.

The bump stop is there to help prevent bottoming out of the shock and it appears that Tesla utilizes them (since there is very limited shock travel) as part of the overall suspension tuning. During normal driving, the bump stop should really do very little to nothing. I was torn on to trim the bump stop or not (I had a whole thread and poll on this) and ultimately decided not to. The roads around me are generally very smooth and in good shape. If you live in an area with less than stellar roads, trimming the stops might help. I'd focus more on the rear than the fronts and believe you can even trim them on the car (jack that side up with the wheel off and you can carefully get a blade in there.

That said, I am on Eibach Pro-Kits with the stock 20" wheels/tires and the ride is certainly not "jarring" by any means. Its actually quite comparable to my 2020 X Long Range in terms of overall comfort (but very slightly less comfortable than stock 3 shocks/springs). The better handling you perceived from the 19" to 20" wheels are likely driven solely by the tires used. If anything, you could easily make the argument that all else equal, OEM 19" will improve handling over OEM 20" due to less unsprung weight.

Bottom line, if you find things uncomfortable with your current setup, my guess is you are a great candidate for a set of matched shock/spring coilover systems like the MPP Comfort series. Yeah, they are $1700 or whatever, but amortized over the life of the car it might be well worth it for you.

• Helpful
Reactions: xyxx
Bump stops will only help with big bumps.

When did you get the springs installed? How many miles?

I installed them about 2 months ago and after about 1k+ miles on them, I have pretty much gotten used to the ride which I think is still an improvement over stock. Before, I felt my car would float over big bumps and was pretty reactive to road inconsistencies. The eibach kit reduces the floati-ness and makes it feel sportier without ever having to really worry about bottoming out since the drop is relatively mild. I sometimes forget I have a lowered car until I hit a dip

I'll probably throw the 20s back on soon and see how that effects things

Reactions: I<3URANUS
Had the full Eibach Pro-Plus (springs and sways) kit installed on my LR RWD a week ago, and put about 300mi on them to date.

Measured drop is about 1 1/4" in the front and 3/4" in the rear. On the OEM springs the front was about 1/2" higher than the rear and now sits much closer to level.

The car 100% rides smoother and less harsh on road imperfections than stock, just a bit quicker spring rebound feel over dips in the road. Cosmetically, I love the way it sits now.

As far as negatives, I have noticed a bit of faint "pops" or clicks at very low speeds from the left and right side front end like backing out of the garage or pulling out of a spot. Any ideas? Thinking I might just need to tighten up on the front strut tower bolts maybe. Noise is not noticeable at driving speed.

And for the sways, even on the "Soft" settings...WOW! Turn in is so much more willing and crisp and banking ramps can be taken much quicker, flatter and more confidently. Highly recommended!

D2B9F806-47B1-4182-89C4-E91FF4FBB664.jpeg

Attachments

• 4265D456-98E3-4C78-A878-019E9BD86D07.jpeg
    4265D456-98E3-4C78-A878-019E9BD86D07.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 42EA3944-0DF6-4FC8-B10C-5109450E9936.jpeg
    42EA3944-0DF6-4FC8-B10C-5109450E9936.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 0B9074CD-C42F-497D-B56E-C179949B5F6C.jpeg
    0B9074CD-C42F-497D-B56E-C179949B5F6C.jpeg
    438.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 56C795D2-1511-4967-B013-1B4B6FE89F07.jpeg
    56C795D2-1511-4967-B013-1B4B6FE89F07.jpeg
    459.3 KB · Views: 108
  • F3CAE0CD-6CA7-4E78-86F1-1522D1FB49A1.jpeg
    F3CAE0CD-6CA7-4E78-86F1-1522D1FB49A1.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Reactions: JKB8 and T3SLAROD
Had the full Eibach Pro-Plus (springs and sways) kit installed on my LR RWD a week ago, and put about 300mi on them to date.

Measured drop is about 1 1/4" in the front and 3/4" in the rear. On the OEM springs the front was about 1/2" higher than the rear and now sits much closer to level.

The car 100% rides smoother and less harsh on road imperfections than stock, just a bit quicker spring rebound feel over dips in the road. Cosmetically, I love the way it sits now.

As far as negatives, I have noticed a bit of faint "pops" or clicks at very low speeds from the left and right side front end like backing out of the garage or pulling out of a spot. Any ideas? Thinking I might just need to tighten up on the front strut tower bolts maybe. Noise is not noticeable at driving speed.

And for the sways, even on the "Soft" settings...WOW! Turn in is so much more willing and crisp and banking ramps can be taken much quicker, flatter and more confidently. Highly recommended!

View attachment 574284

This is a well mod'd 3. Nice job. I'm installing the Eibach sways as well and was planning on medium stiffness front/full stiffness rear. Glad to hear that the softest option is still awesome.