Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach springs + swaybars to MPP Comforts + Swaybars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TL;DR - has anyone experienced going from Eibach springs and swaybars to MPP Non Adjustable Comforts plus Eibach swaybars?

Hello all. I have a 2021 M3P, which I installed Eibach springs and swaybars on at 200 miles. I'm currently around 5k, and overall I'm 90% happy with the ride quality of this setup, and 70% happy with the handling.

On perfect roads, the car handles well and flat. Any bump while taking a high speed turn totally upsets the balance and predictability (presumably from the rear bump stops due to the lowering). I'm interested in solving the last bit of what frustrates me with the handling.

I come from a VW GTI on multiple sets of coilovers (KW V1's, Bilstein PSS and BC BR), and an S4 with adaptive suspension and linear springs. Both of these cars handled amazing for what I was looking for.

This brings me to where I'm at now. The model 3 is just a street car (I track motorcycles regularly and have a turbo foxbody for fun), but I don't want to limit myself to never being able to do a random autocross or track day. Does anyone know how the spring rates between the non adjustable comforts line up with the Eibach springs? Will the comforts keep all of the handling I have, with removing the issue of sketchiness over bumps during turns? Or do I have to transition to the Sports.

I'm not cheap by any means, but I'm having a hard time stomaching almost 3k for a set of coilovers, and am hoping the comforts for half the price will suffice. I'm waiting for the black Friday sale either way which will help with the pain.

Springs on the Model 3 are just...well....pretty bad. I recently drove a Performance 3 on Eibach's, and then immediately transitioned to a Performance 3 on MPP Sports to compare the two and the difference was massive. The Eibach's bottom out super easy and the ride is bouncy and rough. They aren't particularly comfortable and they don't make the car handle well. Cannot recommend.

I think the MPP Comforts deliver a good majority of what the Sports offer. I was within 1 second of MCS 1WNR on the track, all else being more or less equal. They handle quite well and capable, they are super comfortable in ride quality; the only clear difference was over rumble strips the Comforts will get upset whereas the Sports will handle them much better.

TLDR - I really like the MPP Comforts and think they are a great value.

I appreciate your feedback and experience. I guess I need to ride in a car with MPP coilovers. Like I said I’ve had experience with a lot of suspension setups and the Eibachs do ride quite well for what they are (my wife even likes them, and her daily is a Q5 which is PLUSH). I can imagine the handling between the two is quite different as you mentioned though which is why I’m here

You were saying above you were within 1 second on the comforts? And your video is on comforts or sports? And when mentioning the comforts you are talking about the adjustables or non adjustable?

And all of the above is utilizing stock swaybars and end links?

Once again, thank you for the feedback.

I appreciate your feedback and experience. I guess I need to ride in a car with MPP coilovers. Like I said I’ve had experience with a lot of suspension setups and the Eibachs do ride quite well for what they are (my wife even likes them, and her daily is a Q5 which is PLUSH). I can imagine the handling between the two is quite different as you mentioned though which is why I’m here

You were saying above you were within 1 second on the comforts? And your video is on comforts or sports? And when mentioning the comforts you are talking about the adjustables or non adjustable?

And all of the above is utilizing stock swaybars and end links?

Once again, thank you for the feedback.

The difference between the MPP Comforts and the MCS 1WNR (basically a track coilover setup and $$$) was only 1 second. Point being, the MPP Comforts are quite capable for the money! The video is on the MPP Comforts.

These were non-adjustable comforts using stock sway bars and end links.

The difference between the MPP Comforts and the MCS 1WNR (basically a track coilover setup and $$$) was only 1 second. Point being, the MPP Comforts are quite capable for the money! The video is on the MPP Comforts.

These were non-adjustable comforts using stock sway bars and end links.

Well, you have just 100% sold me on the comforts. Thank for for the input!!

You have a lot more experience in driving modified cars than I do, but I will say this. I have a friend who is lowered on Eibach Springs (not swaybars) and my car is on nonadjustable comforts.

The difference (to me) is night and day. His car is much harsher over bumps, the body roll is still prevalent, and overall it doesn't feel as "planted" as my car.

He actually has 18" rims and mine are 19" rims, which is an even bigger testament.

Get the coil overs.

• Love
Reactions: MountainPass
Thanks so much for the feedback! This is very encouraging for us to hear.

As far as the Black Friday sale goes, we will not allow ourselves to create a situation that creates long delays for our customers. So no promises on what the Black Friday sale will look like, or if coilovers will be included. As @510storm mentioned it is totally supply chain dependant!

Found this post a little late but I wanted to give my 2cents since OP's situation is very similar to mine.

I went from Eibach moderates to the MPP Comforts (Eibach sways left in at both stages). You just cant compare the ride quality of both. Side note: I also have F/R Whiteline Endlinks, MPP RUCAs, and MPP LCA bushings installed with the MPP comfort coilovers.

Here are my takeaways after the upgrade:
  • Springs were constantly hitting the bump stops
  • Ride was extremely harsh and bouncy, especially over uneven LA roads
  • Constantly scraping my rear and front diffuser (more travel on the shock causing more movement of the car over bumps or driveways).
  • My car was a victim to bottoming out on Eibachs causing a rupture in my battery coolant lines costing my insurance $32K
  • Sway bars and adjustable endlinks are overrated on the Model 3.

@cdub715

I recently lowered my car on MPP coilovers.

Damage to the underbody of the car is my biggest fear and was always curious how insurance would handle it with a car lowered aftermarket.

Can you elaborate on your experience with insurance?
The tldr answer is: My insurance company (Tesla) treats it as any other insurance claim. I think your question more pertains to warranty claims. For a warranty claim, the lowered suspension will almost definitely cause them to deny you.

Side note: if you have comprehensive and are in a similar situation as me (ran over debris causing HV battery damage), make sure you say the debris is "flying" or "in the air" or else they'll just treat it as a collision causing your insurance premium to skyrocket - twas a 25%+ increase for me after my $32K claim with insurance. Comprehensive claims have little to zero effect on your premiums.

My experience with Tesla insurance was a nightmare to say the least. The whole process took 5 months! I had to pay for my rental vehicle for 4 months because Tesla insurance only covers 30 days. Constant push backs on ETAs, newly ceramic coated car returned with tons of swirls and scratches, car returned with a cracked windshield, and the list goes on.

If you are lowering your car by >1 inch, I highly recommend you getting a metal (aluminum or steel) skid plate for the front and back of your TM3. Will save you the headache and give your peace of mind. I have one made by Millercat but MPP also makes one that's quite popular.

Hope this gives you some insight. Happy to answer any other questions you may have on my experience.

Reactions: Tee Why
Thanks for the reply! That does clear things up and make sense. I suppose I'll take a PIA insurance claim over $32k out of pocket. Thanks for the wording tip, too. But hopefully I'll never need to use it 🤞

In preparation for lowering my car, I added these:

They seem pretty solid and a definitely durability upgrade over the stock "fabric".

Thanks for the reply! That does clear things up and make sense. I suppose I'll take a PIA insurance claim over $32k out of pocket. Thanks for the wording tip, too. But hopefully I'll never need to use it 🤞

In preparation for lowering my car, I added these:

They seem pretty solid and a definitely durability upgrade over the stock "fabric".
I've gotten a few parts from RPM Tesla in the past but didnt have a good experience with the company. The parts I got from them had a lot of defects and some of the fitment was horrible - they did offer me an exchange but made me drive over to their office in Rancho Cucamonga (50miles from my house) to get it. My time is worth more than that, just ship it. Additionally, RPM charges up the butt and get all their parts from Alibaba and just private label them.

Same Item on Amazon

If you are lowering your car by >1 inch, I highly recommend you getting a metal (aluminum or steel) skid plate for the front and back of your TM3
Shoot, even if you arent.
I ran over something at stock height and it tore into my plastic front skidplate.

I'll be ordering both front and rear metal skidplates soon.

I have sport MPP coilovers waiting to be installed, can't wait to feel what ya'll are talking about.

I've gotten a few parts from RPM Tesla in the past but didnt have a good experience with the company. The parts I got from them had a lot of defects and some of the fitment was horrible - they did offer me an exchange but made me drive over to their office in Rancho Cucamonga (50miles from my house) to get it. My time is worth more than that, just ship it. Additionally, RPM charges up the butt and get all their parts from Alibaba and just private label them.

Same Item on Amazon
That's funny you should mention that because I actually got those lower shields off of Amazon. I just didn't know where else to go to find link other than RPM's site.

I've purchased a few things from them in the past and never a bad experience here although they are certainly pricey.

Reactions: cdub715
Shoot, even if you arent.
I ran over something at stock height and it tore into my plastic front skidplate.

I'll be ordering both front and rear metal skidplates soon.

I have sport MPP coilovers waiting to be installed, can't wait to feel what ya'll are talking about.
You won't regret it. Based on your signature and the list of mods you've got, looks like your car's almost identical to mine. Sways, coils, LW Wheels, RUCA, LCA bushings... the only thing left are your brakes/rotors and youll be ready to shred the track!

BOL on your build.