Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach springs + swaybars to MPP Comforts + Swaybars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks!
Which rotor upgrade did you go with? My wheels are 18"s so I know not all BBK's will fit.
Was gunna hold off on rotor upgrade until I see how stock rotors hold up.
You'll learn quickly that the Model 3's achilles heal are the brakes. Stock pedal feels like mush and I have absolutely no confidence slowing the car down at high speeds. Keep in mind, I have an LR AWD so my stock brakes are not as great as your stock M3P calipers/rotors but still, upgrading just the pads, brake lines, and brake fluid will do wonders to your braking performance and feel.

Contrary to popular belief, I did not go with the MPP/GiroDisc Rotors. I went with Paragon's 2pc floating rotors (365mm Front 350mm Rear) - the pricing I got from them was too good for me to pass up. On paper, they are very similar to the MPP/GiroDisc at a fraction of the price. DM me for pricing, I don't think the vendor would appreciate me posting $$$.

upgrading just the pads, brake lines, and brake fluid
Agreed, I don't want to end up going off course on my first few track days so these are the things I'm upgrading + the brake cylinder before heading out.
Paragon's 2pc floating rotors (365mm Front 350mm Rear)
How do they sound? any rattle or unpleasantries since you've had them?
Are you running 19" wheels for 365mm or 18"? I haven't taken a deep look into rotors yet.
Looks like Paragon's website only offers 355mm front 335mm rear for the M3P.

Agreed, I don't want to end up going off course on my first few track days so these are the things I'm upgrading + the brake cylinder before heading out.

How do they sound? any rattle or unpleasantries since you've had them?
Are you running 19" wheels for 365mm or 18"? I haven't taken a deep look into rotors yet.
Looks like Paragon's website only offers 355mm front 335mm rear for the M3P.
Yeah, unfortunately they have less options for the M3P. I have 19x9.5 Signature SV104 so plenty of brake caliper clearance. No unsettling noises so far, despite half-assing the bed-in procedure. Paragon rep recommended that I drive another 1K miles to break the pads and rotors before putting it on the track.

Another side note to help you with your research: these rotors save you ~3lbs (21.09 lbs vs 18.1 lbs) on each corners in the front and ~4lbs (16.88 lbs vs 13 lbs) per corner in the rear.

MPP 365mm Big Brake kit, released in September 2018:

1637626039002.png

Paragon 365mm big brake kit, released years later:

1637626056094.png

We get that money doesn't grow on trees, and fully appreciate you as a customer @cdub715. That being said, I would like to comment that if there are products out there that are just blatent copies, they should be represented as such. In other words - you could say "I bought this knockoff 365mm big brake kit because I wanted to save some money, but full disclosure this product is a copy of the MPP 365 BBK"

That would mean a lot to us.

I can promise you 100% if we did not have a 365mm big brake kit for the Model 3, companies like Paragon would not have made it either. You can see proof of that based on how many other applications this particular company has a large rotor, OE caliper kit for. Subaru? None. Nissan? None. Honda? Only a rear bracket. Yet for a 4-door non-performance Tesla, they have a big rotor kit. Casual.

365mm is the magic number - any larger and the rotor does not fit in the OEM caliper. Any smaller, and that gap between the bottom of the OE caliper ear and the spacer is too small to be structurally sound.

It's getting a bit frustrating seeing other companies follow so blatantly with ideas we've brought forward and profit from them. This directly takes away from the R&D that we can do for these applications, and instead of rewarding those who have novel ideas, instead the opposite occurs and those that take ideas benefit the most as they did not have any R&D costs to cover.

You may say that in this case, the cost wasn't that high for the R&D, so what's the big deal. But the concept remains true about all of our products, many of which have already been duplicated almost exactly - and some just in concept, by other companies who previously never offered these kinds of ideas or products.

If these products are then manufactured overseas, it means that we can compete only initially until someone else copies our products, at which point we need to come up with new ideas or die, while those that have copied and sold for less can grow and gain market share.

But, we're new to manufacturing parts - we've only been around for 3 years. So I guess we just need to get used to it :)

#rantover <3

MPP 365mm Big Brake kit, released in September 2018:

View attachment 736219

Paragon 365mm big brake kit, released years later:

View attachment 736220

We get that money doesn't grow on trees, and fully appreciate you as a customer @cdub715. That being said, I would like to comment that if there are products out there that are just blatent copies, they should be represented as such. In other words - you could say "I bought this knockoff 365mm big brake kit because I wanted to save some money, but full disclosure this product is a copy of the MPP 365 BBK"

That would mean a lot to us.

I can promise you 100% if we did not have a 365mm big brake kit for the Model 3, companies like Paragon would not have made it either. You can see proof of that based on how many other applications this particular company has a large rotor, OE caliper kit for. Subaru? None. Nissan? None. Honda? Only a rear bracket. Yet for a 4-door non-performance Tesla, they have a big rotor kit. Casual.

365mm is the magic number - any larger and the rotor does not fit in the OEM caliper. Any smaller, and that gap between the bottom of the OE caliper ear and the spacer is too small to be structurally sound.

It's getting a bit frustrating seeing other companies follow so blatantly with ideas we've brought forward and profit from them. This directly takes away from the R&D that we can do for these applications, and instead of rewarding those who have novel ideas, instead the opposite occurs and those that take ideas benefit the most as they did not have any R&D costs to cover.

You may say that in this case, the cost wasn't that high for the R&D, so what's the big deal. But the concept remains true about all of our products, many of which have already been duplicated almost exactly - and some just in concept, by other companies who previously never offered these kinds of ideas or products.

If these products are then manufactured overseas, it means that we can compete only initially until someone else copies our products, at which point we need to come up with new ideas or die, while those that have copied and sold for less can grow and gain market share.

But, we're new to manufacturing parts - we've only been around for 3 years. So I guess we just need to get used to it :)

#rantover <3
As always, you know I'm a huge proponent to all the great work you guys do for the Model 3 platform. I was totally unaware that these were knock-offs of BBK kit. I did wonder why the brackets look almost identical to the ones you guys produce so thanks for pointing that out. Aside from the brackets, I didn't have any other tells pointing me in the direction of calling this a "blatant" copy. Top hats and rotor rings all looked different, options for 350mm and 370mm rears, etc. Guess I was blinded by the pricing and didnt dig deeper :/ Sorry MPP, I'll do better.

Thanks, @cdub715! I can't tell you how much it means to us to hear that customers value our work.

Yes, you're right, their rotor hat detail is not a copy - that is the same style they use on all of their rotors, I'm speaking about the bracket and point of doing a 365mm BBK on the OEM caliper, which is actually a nice caliper - however, comes from the factory with a totally unusable 320mm rotor.

Reactions: cdub715