Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I’m slightly confused on the topic of lowering springs.. My Tesla is a 2018 LR AWD with stock 18” Aero Rims

I’m leaning towards Eibach Springs (with sway bars) over H&R Springs.

Some spring manufacturers have the same springs for LR AWD & Performance AWD.

Eibach has two products:
Drop on the Eibach for M3 Performance is:
Front Drop: 1.0 Inch
Rear Drop: 1.4 Inch

Drop on the Eibach LR AWD is:
Front Drop: 0.9 in
Rear Drop: 1.0 in

Why the difference? I was under the assumption that the weight and motors are the same for both LR AWD & Performance.

Could I put the M3P Eibach on my LR AWD? Will there be a rake?

Solution
So, I’m slightly confused on the topic of lowering springs.. My Tesla is a 2018 LR AWD with stock 18” Aero Rims

Eibach has two products:

Why the difference? I was under the assumption that the weight and motors are the same for both LR AWD & Performance.

So I had this exact same question, I contacted Eibach and found out that only the rear springs are different between...

Eibach has two products:

So I had this exact same question, I contacted Eibach and found out that only the rear springs are different between the two products. The rep that I talked to couldn't answer why they were different when the cars are virtually identical.
I have a M3P and didn't like how the car sat when on the springs designed for the performance, so I ordered the LR springs instead. I should be installing them in a couple of weeks and I'll update when I do.

Reactions: Dysan911
Upvote 0
Solution
So I had this exact same question, I contacted Eibach and found out that only the rear springs are different between the two products. The rep that I talked to couldn't answer why they were different when the cars are virtually identical.
I have a M3P and didn't like how the car sat when on the springs designed for the performance, so I ordered the LR springs instead. I should be installing them in a couple of weeks and I'll update when I do.
Thanks! Was searching all over and no one had the similar question. Thanks!

Reactions: fossilcreek
Upvote 0
I was debating on UP MILD or Eibach ProKit, went with Eibach and got them installed today, happy with the result, trim the bump stop as Eibach recommended, I must say the ride comfort improve at least 10%
IMG_6335.JPG
IMG_6339.JPG
IMG_6357.jpg

Upvote 0
@jacksterCali I cannot DM you (TNNEP - too new, not enough posts)... I am looking to get the Eibach pro kit (springs and sway bars) but cannot find any confirmation on what model number will work on the 2020 SR+. Saw you did it on your 2021. Any guidance on which to use? Also curious on where/about how much on getting them installed. I'm in OC but in LA a few times a month for work. TIA

Upvote 0
@jacksterCali I cannot DM you (TNNEP - too new, not enough posts)... I am looking to get the Eibach pro kit (springs and sway bars) but cannot find any confirmation on what model number will work on the 2020 SR+. Saw you did it on your 2021. Any guidance on which to use? Also curious on where/about how much on getting them installed. I'm in OC but in LA a few times a month for work. TIA
I believe 2020 and 2021 are the same, there is no diff.
Lift Kits, Lowering Springs, Race Springs, Shocks & Sway Bars

As for installation, you can check european auto source | BMW Performance Parts & Services, in Anaheim, or
Home | parts3xpress in Temple City
but most of the place charge between $350 ~ 400, and another $70~100 for alignment , but do it after 2 weeks when springs are settle

Upvote 0