Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach Springs

Feb 1, 2021
Fort Lauderdale
So, I’m slightly confused on the topic of lowering springs.. My Tesla is a 2018 LR AWD with stock 18” Aero Rims

I’m leaning towards Eibach Springs (with sway bars) over H&R Springs.

Some spring manufacturers have the same springs for LR AWD & Performance AWD.

Eibach has two products:
Drop on the Eibach for M3 Performance is:
Front Drop: 1.0 Inch
Rear Drop: 1.4 Inch

Drop on the Eibach LR AWD is:
Front Drop: 0.9 in
Rear Drop: 1.0 in

Why the difference? I was under the assumption that the weight and motors are the same for both LR AWD & Performance.

Could I put the M3P Eibach on my LR AWD? Will there be a rake?

Solution
So, I’m slightly confused on the topic of lowering springs.. My Tesla is a 2018 LR AWD with stock 18” Aero Rims

Eibach has two products:

Why the difference? I was under the assumption that the weight and motors are the same for both LR AWD & Performance.

So I had this exact same question, I contacted Eibach and found out that only the rear springs are different between...

fossilcreek

Aug 1, 2021
Fort Worth, TX

Eibach has two products:

So I had this exact same question, I contacted Eibach and found out that only the rear springs are different between the two products. The rep that I talked to couldn't answer why they were different when the cars are virtually identical.
I have a M3P and didn't like how the car sat when on the springs designed for the performance, so I ordered the LR springs instead. I should be installing them in a couple of weeks and I'll update when I do.

Reactions: Dysan911
Upvote 0
Solution
Feb 1, 2021
Fort Lauderdale
So I had this exact same question, I contacted Eibach and found out that only the rear springs are different between the two products. The rep that I talked to couldn't answer why they were different when the cars are virtually identical.
I have a M3P and didn't like how the car sat when on the springs designed for the performance, so I ordered the LR springs instead. I should be installing them in a couple of weeks and I'll update when I do.
Thanks! Was searching all over and no one had the similar question. Thanks!

Reactions: fossilcreek
Upvote 0

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC