Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach Sway Bars Finally Available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just read through all 7 pages of this thread and it brought back memories of FSB/RSB + urethane bushings discussions on the Acura forums years ago. I installed a RSB and urethane bushings on my TSX which wickedly improved the cornering on a stock suspension. One day, I noticed the cornering was much squishier and floaty coming out of a turn I'd rip daily. Upon inspection, my entire rear subframe had cracked. Ultimately, I think it had something to do with the increased stiffness of the RSB and bushings coupled with the much-harder driving I was now subjecting the car to. I had the subframe replaced and re-welded but the car was never the same and I got rid of it shortly after.

I just read through all 7 pages of this thread and it brought back memories of FSB/RSB + urethane bushings discussions on the Acura forums years ago. I installed a RSB and urethane bushings on my TSX which wickedly improved the cornering on a stock suspension. One day, I noticed the cornering was much squishier and floaty coming out of a turn I'd rip daily. Upon inspection, my entire rear subframe had cracked. Ultimately, I think it had something to do with the increased stiffness of the RSB and bushings coupled with the much-harder driving I was now subjecting the car to. I had the subframe replaced and re-welded but the car was never the same and I got rid of it shortly after.
I’ve heard the same happening with some highly modded Miatae. Scary.

I’ve heard the same happening with some highly modded Miatae. Scary.
Small world. I had this exact thing happen to my Miata. Basically if you updated the front swaybar on a stock suspension, it put increase pressure on the mounts. I was getting this clicking noise that sounded like a loose endlink. In actuality, the FSB had ripped the front subframe mount. I got it welded.

Out of curiosity, our folks installing both front and rear? Just front? Just rear?

Last edited:
Small world. I had this exact thing happen to my Miata. Basically if you updated the front swaybar on a stock suspension, it put increase pressure on the mounts. I was getting this clicking noise that sounded like a loose endlink. In actuality, the FSB had ripped the front subframe mount. I got it welded.

Out of curiosity, our folks installing both front and rear? Just front? Just rear?
Funny same to me too. Had a skunk2 swaybar mounted on the rear and it ripped out of the subframe of the car. Glad it wasn’t just me or installation error

Funny same to me too. Had a skunk2 swaybar mounted on the rear and it ripped out of the subframe of the car. Glad it wasn’t just me or installation error
I've also often thought maybe I installed it wrong because I used 3rd party urethane bushings instead of the rubber ones that came with the RSB. At this point, I chalk it up to a good life lesson.

I wouldn't say I've sworn them off but it's just no longer a priority for me. I think it's more so mods in general are no longer a priority. I still find pleasure in keeping up with what members are doing, the products released to the market and seeing the results of a well-planned/executed build. Maybe I'm just old! 😁