Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach vs H&R springs vs ???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I've searched around and I can't seem to find a straightforward comparison of these two springs. I have a LR dual motor. I would love someone to tell me how they compare:

1. Lowering amount
2. Ride quality/stiffness
3. Cost

I basically want the biggest drop without being crazy stiff. From what I've read, H&Rs are 1.4" drop and very stiff, and Eibachs are 1.2" and less stiff. I can't find any other variations with these two brands. I've used Eibachs my whole life, but I figure why pigeon hole myself into one brand if there are better alternatives.

I guess ideally if there exists a 1.4" drop that isn't so stiff I would go with those... I'm not familiar with other brands, but if they're quality springs I would definitely consider them.

Any suggestions/recommendations???

Thank you!

Same thing just by different companies. It's hard to recommend lowering springs for these cars since the factory shocks have very limited travel, even at factory height. I do have a write up with measurements for H&R springs, if you want to take a look. I swapped them out for MountainPass Performance Comfort Coilovers after about a week and never looked back.

Hope that helps.

Danny

Same thing just by different companies. It's hard to recommend lowering springs for these cars since the factory shocks have very limited travel, even at factory height. I do have a write up with measurements for H&R springs, if you want to take a look. I swapped them out for MountainPass Performance Comfort Coilovers after about a week and never looked back.

Hope that helps.

Danny
Great write up, thank you! I just don't really want to spend $2k. I don't drive super aggressively...for me it's 90% about the aesthetics (the fender gaps are hideous), and 10% importance on improved handling.

I plan to couple the springs with some blox spacers (15mm/20mm), and I think then it should look a LOT better.

Can anyone confirm the drop (in inches) of the Eibachs?

Great write up, thank you! I just don't really want to spend $2k. I don't drive super aggressively...for me it's 90% about the aesthetics (the fender gaps are hideous), and 10% importance on improved handling.

I plan to couple the springs with some blox spacers (15mm/20mm), and I think then it should look a LOT better.

Can anyone confirm the drop (in inches) of the Eibachs?
Do you have a performance or non-performance Model 3?
Drop should be around 1.2" and very similar to H&R, maybe slightly lower from what I'm seeing.

o7h5k9792vb51.jpg

I believe BLOX stopped selling 15mm spacers. There are a few things you need to be aware if you want to run that up front. We sell spacers in that thickness from Aspira and H&R on our store. Feel free to message me, I'll walk you through it, and I can source you the springs as well.
-Danny

Last edited:
Do you have a performance or non-performance Model 3?
Drop should be around 1.2" and very similar to H&R, maybe slightly lower from what I'm seeing.

o7h5k9792vb51.jpg

I believe BLOX stopped selling 15mm spacers. There are a few things you need to be aware if you want to run that up front. We sell spacers in that thickness from Aspira and H&R on our store. Feel free to message me, I'll walk you through it, and I can source you the springs as well.
-Danny

I have non-P dual motor. Could you tell me how much the springs and spacers would be?

Reactions: MODEL+
I wouldn't look for the cheapest coilovers. You are going to end up spending more money in the long run when you have to replace the crappy ones with quality units. I would look at KW V3 coilovers, either straight from KW or Mountain Pass Performance, or coilovers from Unplugged Performance.

Are the BC racing DR series coilovers any good? Has anyone installed these??

I have them and love them. I'm sure the MPP brigade will be at my door to burn my house down sometime soon but I feel like the BC's are a solid set. I was expecting a very harsh ride based on spring rates but was pleasantly surprised. I'm at 15/30 on dampening and feel the ride is very similar in plushness to the stock setup but obviously much much more planted. They handle great and don't make any noise. I like that they came with top hats in the front and that the adjusters on the front are low enough that they fit under the frunk plastic cover. You don't need to cut holes.

I've had lots of modified cars and several coilover setups. These are nice and well worth the price. I don't track the car and honestly couldn't justify double the price for a street setup. Only been running them for several hundred miles, so who knows 3 years from now. But I feel BC is a big enough company now and apparently they can be rebuilt.

Still working on the stance but here's a shot as of today.
20210411_141049.jpg
20210411_141038.jpg

I have them and love them. I'm sure the MPP brigade will be at my door to burn my house down sometime soon but I feel like the BC's are a solid set. I was expecting a very harsh ride based on spring rates but was pleasantly surprised. I'm at 15/30 on dampening and feel the ride is very similar in plushness to the stock setup but obviously much much more planted. They handle great and don't make any noise. I like that they came with top hats in the front and that the adjusters on the front are low enough that they fit under the frunk plastic cover. You don't need to cut holes.

I've had lots of modified cars and several coilover setups. These are nice and well worth the price. I don't track the car and honestly couldn't justify double the price for a street setup. Only been running them for several hundred miles, so who knows 3 years from now. But I feel BC is a big enough company now and apparently they can be rebuilt.

Still working on the stance but here's a shot as of today.
View attachment 652918View attachment 652919
Very cool, thank you for the feedback! I don't track mine either, so I don't need any crazy racing setup...it's basically just aesthetics, but I don't want a ride any stiffer than stock - I feel like stock is stiff enough! And the ability to adjust the ride height is very appealing to me...I would hate to buy springs and have them installed only to realize I want it lower lol

That drop looks just about perfect - is it 1.5"??

Very cool, thank you for the feedback! I don't track mine either, so I don't need any crazy racing setup...it's basically just aesthetics, but I don't want a ride any stiffer than stock - I feel like stock is stiff enough! And the ability to adjust the ride height is very appealing to me...I would hate to buy springs and have them installed only to realize I want it lower lol

That drop looks just about perfect - is it 1.5"??
So I pulled 3/4 lower from the stock shocks I measured. It went really low so then I went 1/4 up.

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by down 3/4 then up 1/4? You couldn't mean inches, because that would be only a half inch, that's not much of a drop... I'm confused lol
Yeah it's inches. And you'd think that lol which is why I only went down a little. I measured the stocks from top hat to bolt hole center and went 3/4 less on the BCs. It ended up really low.

• Informative
Reactions: MODEL+