Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Haubstadt, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woot Woot!!

Evansville.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Haubstadt, IN

Along Primary Interstates: I-64, I-69
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-41
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-64

To: Louisville, KY - 112.3 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Lexington, KY - 183.7 miles

I-69

To: Bloomington, IN - 103.2 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: Indianapolis, IN - 156.6 miles

To: Terre Haute, IN (US-41) - 95.9 miles

Splits the 192.9 mile gap on I-64 from Mount Vernon, IL to Louisville, KY, and will reduce the largest gap on I-64 to 123 miels.
Despite being a long way off I-69, can serve travel on I-69 as the US-41/I-64/I-69 connection is a 0.5 mile, 7:35 minute diversion.
Plus, it's on US-41 so good for travel to Terre Haute, IN.

Reactions: Guy V and edseloh
Finally, that 192-mile gap between Mt Vernon IL and Louisville Ky is being addressed. This has been on Tesla's TO DO LIST since 2018. This will ease our stress traveling ton I-64 to southern MD when we visit our grandchildren in the winter months.

Happy camper in southern IL.

Reactions: EVCarGUy
Should say 112.3 miles right?

EDIT TO ADD: Actually I get as little as 111 miles depending on which route you take through Louisville, but in any case, I get significantly less than 123 miles, even if you stay on I-64 and go to the more distant Louisville supercharger.

I mean that largest gap along I-64 as a whole. That's Mt. Hope, WV to Lexington, VA. I had it as 123 miles, although Supercharge.info/Mapbox/OSM now has the distance as 124.2 miles.

Elberfeld, IN will complete I-64 in the sense that the gaps will be comfortably traversible.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSP
It was pretty much the last big interstate gap east of the Mississippi.

Maybe @ItsNotAboutTheMoney can tell us what the next biggest gap east of the Mississippi is :)

Depends on your definition of gap. I allow for limited diversion.
I-26, Asheville, NC to North Charleston, SC is 253.8 miles and 03:56:51*.
Diversion to Columbia, SC is 277.7 mi and 4:25:23.
Diversion to Greeenville, SC is 277.7 mi and 04:25:08.

I-55 Grenada, MS to Miner, MO is 239.4 miles, unless allowing the large diversion in Memphis, TN. West Memphis, AR is desperately needed to help I-55 and would also help I-40. But I guess that goes West of the Mississippi. :p

Beyond that, Meridian, MS to Birmingham, AL on I-20 and I-59 is 144 miles.

In addition to those there are also some significant gaps if connecting between Interstates. Greeenville, SC to North Charleston, SC, without the large Columbia diversion is I-385, I-26 for 199.4 miles A West Columbia, SC location would obviously help.

* Supercharge.info/Mapbox/OSM

Last edited:
Reactions: GSP and mociaf9
It was pretty much the last big interstate gap east of the Mississippi.

Maybe @ItsNotAboutTheMoney can tell us what the next biggest gap east of the Mississippi is :)
The direct route on the Western KY Parkway between the Lexington, KY supercharger and Kuttawa KY superchargers is about 232 miles. You can argue it's technically not an interstate, but functions effectively as one for the main east-west artery over to Paducah and the SE Missouri area.

Great call yesterday with the APC. The water company will NOT move a water line for Tesla, so there needs to be a CDR. The city is waiting on "Scott" to file the CDR to the state for final approval. The person in charge of the paperwork for Bloomington FAILED to put a signature on 1 line and it was held almost a year. After that was resolved it was up within 60 days. Lets ALL hope Scott gets this done a bit sooner! I have plans to check next week with contacts to make sure things are stay fluid and keep moving.🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: edseloh