Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrek reporting Tesla opening up orders to all US and Canada reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me: *frantically trying to get hold of spouse to confirm details, as I'd not discussed pricing changes over the last 2 days*
Me: *finally gets through*
Wife: I don't care. Do what you want.
Me: You mean you're pissed and you don't want me to order anything????
Wife: No, I don't care. Do what you want.

Alrighty then!!!! ......selects Performance w/2-4mo delivery.......gut checks....selects LR 3-5mo....gut checks,again.....AWD 3-5mo.......antes up another $2500.

View attachment 312937

P.S. Bonus drama: Amex, in wife's name, got rejected by a fraud trigger. :p I had to switch CC to mine mid-operation, no time to wait for her to figure it out.

HAHA, this was a similar experience for me.

"WOMAN, GET HOME, IT'S HAPPENING"
"Why do I need to be there?"
"To confirm you're on board with the decisions"
"Does it really matter? Get what you want. I don't want to hear about it all night. Place your order"
Stupid Chase blocked the initial charge for fraud prevention. Had to call them to get it to go through.

She is still hearing all about it all night.

Waffled on the wheels. I like the upgraded ones, but I decided I want a little customization and went with the standard 18's.
That was the most difficult decision.

The question now >>> Do the build based on FIFO of orders or FIFO on reservation date? I assume it's FIFO on actual orders

HAHA, this was a similar experience for me.

"WOMAN, GET HOME, IT'S HAPPENING"
"Why do I need to be there?"
"To confirm you're on board with the decisions"
"Does it really matter? Get what you want. I don't want to hear about it all night. Place your order"
Stupid Chase blocked the initial charge for fraud prevention. Had to call them to get it to go through.

She is still hearing all about it all night.

Waffled on the wheels. I like the upgraded ones, but I decided I want a little customization and went with the standard 18's.
That was the most difficult decision.

So close to me and my wife the only difference is I am on business travel on the west coast and called her to walk thru it to ensure she too was on board. Tried talking her into AWD and wheel upgrades but “we” decided to pass.

The question now >>> Do the build based on FIFO of orders or FIFO on reservation date? I assume it's FIFO on actual orders
That's my guess, too. Anyone that's an real early reservation but ends up under a rock on this for a few days, or a week, or more is likely going to feel pretty salty about it. With cause IMO.

On a personal note, configuration timestamp is likely best for me, as I had configuration locked within 30 minutes of it opening up for me. But as an early morning Apr 1/16 reservation I'll likely be okay the other way, too.

I just hope my choice of AWD doesn't end up biting me in the butt w/Tesla having issues ramping up that variant.

That's my guess, too. Anyone that's an real early reservation but ends up under a rock on this for a few days, or a week, or more is likely going to feel pretty salty about it. With cause IMO.

On a personal note, configuration timestamp is likely best for me, as I had configuration locked within 30 minutes of it opening up for me. But as an early morning Apr 1/16 reservation I'll likely be okay the other way, too.

I just hope my choice of AWD doesn't end up biting me in the butt w/Tesla having issues ramping up that variant.

Nah. It costs more so it will be made faster I would think.

Reactions: Zoomit
Wow I'm glad I came accross this thread! Yesterday I saw they would be opening up configs very shortly, so I was waiting on an email. Then when I read people were already configuring who reserved well after I did (July 2017), I logged in to my account and low and behold, I was able to configure! I almost went with a 'base' model Ludicrous, but I still couldn't justify the $11k increase. Either way I'm pumped!

Wow! Order placed! Still no email from Tesla that I am able to configure. :cool:

RWD, blue, aero, no EAP/FSD (for now - I have 3-5 months to try to scrape up a few extra nickels maybe, but really full EAP would be very rarely used in my driving situation. TACC would be nice...)

Reserved 12/13/17 (immediately after seeing the NYK video of a 6'7" guy sitting comfortably in a Model 3 - I'm 6'9 and one does not simply plop down money on a car sight-unseen without intel from the ultra-tall set, no matter how cool it is...)

I actually just ordered a well-used Leaf YESTERDAY from Carvana to tide me over for what I assumed would be the next year or more (I assumed I would not be able to get the full tax credit, which would result in me waiting for the SR.) I've got a cancellation call to make first thing tomorrow morning. :oops::D

P.S. Bonus drama: Amex, in wife's name, got rejected by a fraud trigger. :p I had to switch CC to mine mid-operation, no time to wait for her to figure it out.[/QUOTE]

Odd. Amex blocked my daughter's too. Had to use another card.

Attachments

• BF7C0D72-83AC-47C8-A789-E1202454DE8C.jpeg
    BF7C0D72-83AC-47C8-A789-E1202454DE8C.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 54