Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Electric Avenue" - Kamloops Hot Nite Car Show - August 12th, 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla Owners Club of BC has been working with the City of Kamloops to add an EV category and 'Best in Class' trophy for EV's to the annual Hot Nite in the City car show. We've been given an avenue to dedicate to EV's, which we are dubbing 'Electric Avenue', with banner, music, solar and charging displays, etc.

The show is a very popular event, seeing in the order of 550 cars and 60,000 people on the tree-lined main street of Kamloops.

Be aware that the show is inaccurately named as it no longer happens at night! It began as an evening show 'n shine some 23 years ago, but quickly grew in size to what it is today... requiring the downtown of the city to be shut down for the full day to host the cars. It's a great event and my Model S has attracted a huge amount of interest. This year we'd like to see a large variety of Tesla vehicles as well as other EV's - from other manufacturers, homebuilt, whatever. The more the better!

In addition to the show, that weekend also hosts the annual Ribfest in Riverside Park, a very short walk from the Hot Nite show. Ribfest alone is worth the drive, believe me...!

This is a great weekend to visit Kamloops and enjoy some summer sun! Registration can be completed online at:

Show and Shine Hot Nite in the City Registration

It would be appreciated if those who register could PM me so that we can ensure we reserve enough space together for EV registrants!

upload_2017-7-13_22-5-28.png

I went a few years ago and looking forward to attending this year!

When I was there last time I was part of the BC Sustainable Energy Association display and it was great. This year Emotive BC will be there as well. We work with them a lot of public events and its part of the Plug In BC. Great promoters of the benefits of EVs. It should be a great time & opportunity to talk about EV ownership.

Join Us!!

• Love
Reactions: Jaff and Footbag
I'll try to make it, but will have a hard time convincing my wife for another trip so soon since we are driving down to California this Friday for 2 weeks. I'll see if I can make it myself and bring my S.
Sounds good. But be aware, there is plenty going on up this way that weekend if she's not interested in cars. Ribfest each day, in the park, a couple of blocks from the show. Music in the Park each night. And if you set her up for the weekend at Sun Peaks, the alpine flowers should still be looking good... and that weekend is 'Retro Music Weekend', with high quality tribute bands playing outdoor shows all day and into the evening. I'd actually be up there myself if not for the fact that the dates coincided this year... and I'd already committed to Hot Nite!

The 8th Annual Retro Concert Weekend

Reactions: Paul Carter
So it looks like I can sign up and attend and I'm thinking of taking up the X...I'll be going out the following weekend for my wife's bday instead of the weekend of the 12th. I'll also bring up one of my kids' Radio Flyer Teslas for display too. I'll probably just come up for the day.

Ok, I just registered for HNITC217. I actually registeted my Model S and will bring up my son's matching red Radio Flyer Model S. Not sure if I'll stay over Friday night of Sunday night. Where is everyone who is attending staying or where would a local like beeeerock stay?

Paul, when will you be heading up?

Ok, I just registered for HNITC217. I actually registeted my Model S and will bring up my son's matching red Radio Flyer Model S. Not sure if I'll stay over Friday night of Sunday night. Where is everyone who is attending staying or where would a local like beeeerock stay?

Paul, when will you be heading up?
Awesome! So far looks like I'll head up Friday evening (missing the poker run). Will keep you posted if we can arrange some rallies.

Not sure if I'll stay over Friday night of Sunday night. Where is everyone who is attending staying or where would a local like beeeerock stay?

I think I'd try to stay at the Best Western Plus on Columbia Street, as my first choice. The email sent out by the club included information about a couple of hotels, including the BW, offering discounts to EV registrants (with destination charging equipment!). That information is also included in a post on the bc.teslaownersclub.ca website.