TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Electric car charging on a lamppost

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by jcstp, Dec 10, 2011.

1. jcstp

jcstp Active Member

NRGSPOT-Light | Sapa Group

OV-chipcard = publictransit-chipcard !

Elektrische auto opladen aan lantaarnpaal - elektrischeauto.nl
    Here they say :

2. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

That's pretty smart. I even have an OV Chipcard as I use Dutch public transport that often :)

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Handy that power lines are already run to existing lamp-posts. Can be a convenient place to install a EVSEs.
    Also, lamps can be upgraded to lower power LED lights, so the wiring gauge is still suitable for charging + lighting.

4. Kevin Sharpe

Kevin Sharpe Active Member

most UK lamp-posts are wired in a daisy chain so little current is available from each one.... obviously, this wiring scheme could be changed for future installations if desired.

5. jcstp

jcstp Active Member

The lampposts already installed can be retrofited with chargingstations also!
    nice he!

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

A coworker said today when he was in a band and touring clubs along the east coast of the US they would sleep in their RV parked next to the large Waffle House signs which apparently they all have a plug at the base.