Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Car Incentives In Washington State Expanded To More Models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, I posted seperatly about this on the large tax thread before seeing this one. Here's a question though:

I found the following statement in the bill: The way I read this is that you can option the Model three to high heaven and still have the first $32,000 except from tax because the base model will list for under $42,500 can someone with abetter legal/tax background step in and confirm I'm reading that right?

The answer is going to either limit my upgrades to $42,499 or allow me to go above guilt free.

A sale, other than a lease, of a vehicle identified in subsection (1)(a)of this section made on or after July 1, 2016, and before the expiration of the exemption as described in subsection (6) of this section, is not exempt from sales tax as described under 6 subsection (1)(b) of this section if, at the time of sale, the lowest manufacturer's suggested retail price, as determined in rule by the department of licensing pursuant to chapter 34.05 RCW for the base model is more than forty-two thousand five hundred dollars.

Here is the actual Bill

EDIT: I just read that the tax credit is set to expire one month after the 7,500th EV is sold under this program. That means you'll likely need to be in the first wave or two of Tesla deliveries unless the credit is expanded.

Last edited: