Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Car Market Overview (comprehensive interactive chart)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have been building an EV comparison service and decided to create a useful and simple tool that gives you a birds-eye view of the market. It is available to anyone free of charge:

Electric Car Market Overview

The EV Market Overview looks like this:
ev-market-overview.png

How to use it?

1. Choose the cars you want to compare or analyze the entire market. You have a whole set of filters at your disposal. Filter by body style, price, make, status, drive type or DC charging capability.

2. Select the specs to be shown on each axis. The following options are available: Range, Battery pack capacity, Acceleration, Engine Power, Engine Torque and Efficiency.

3. Watch how do different electric models compare on your custom chart and discover interesting interrelations and trends.

4. Hover on a car to see more info. Click on it to go to the model page, which contains detailed a description, high-quality photos, video reviews, safety ratings and Disqus widget to share your impression with other EV Compare users.

Interesting observations at a glance

1. Range and battery pack capacity are closely related (what a surprise). But look how far the Tesla Roadster concept has gone!

new-tesla-roadster-steals-the-show.png

2. There is only a slight correlation between range and MSRP. So the higher price does not necessarily mean greater range. What’s more, there is a noticeable gap in the middle, which signifies a lack of mid-range EVs.

ev-range-and-price.png

3. Another important thing to mention is the inverse relationship between battery pack size and efficiency. It is more visible among high-end EVs.

battery-pack-size-and-efficiency.png

4. Tesla's superiority is clear. No matter what specs you choose, Tesla models are always on the top forcing other automakers to catch up.

teslas-superiority.png

All in all, playing with the chart gives food for thought. Have you noticed anything remarkable? Share it in the comments:)

Your feedback (questions, comments or suggestions) will be appreciated.

We’re adding new features on a weekly basis. Already curious, how it's going to look with all new Model Y trims.

We have been building an EV comparison...tool

I am not sure why there hasn't been more feedback on this Forum about your seemingly excellent online comparative graphing tool (Electric Car Market Overview). I just discovered it over at: Electric Car Market Overview (chart).

It appears to allow a potential buyer, for example, a great deal of flexibility to graphically compare important characteristics (price, range, efficiency, etc.) of electric cars for all or as few manufacturers as desired. The ability to look at near-future vehicles is also appreciated. Thank you!

I've just started playing around with it, but so far it seems very powerful and helpful. (I am wrestling with a possible decision for a new car in 2020--specifically, Model S versus Model X, or perhaps something else.)

I see that people provided feedback over at the other forum, and your team responded by modifying the tool. I'll certainly let you know if I come up with any other suggestions. For example,...

As expected, Tesla comes out on top in many meaningful performance and engineering comparisons using your tool. However, is there a way to quantify and add "build-quality" and "reliability/need for repairs"--areas where based on what I've read I'd like to see Tesla encouraged to improve?

At the risk of setting off a small firestorm, at this point what I'd theoretically like is a Tesla (with the nifty features, amazing performance, and attractive styling) built in Asia by Honda--in other words, a Tesla with a higher level of build-quality as it leaves the factory floor.

Another characteristic: long-term overall "owner satisfaction." (Tesla may do well in that comparison.) But perhaps also difficult to quantify?

*****​

Note: I am unrelated to the EVcompare.io effort and receiving no compensation of any kind for mentioning it. It just seems like a helpful tool.