Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric car owner charged with stealing 5 cents worth of juice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The guy was clearly a D*ck but is having an EV plugged in Probable Cause? (for getting inside)? I find that disturbing and a violation. I guess we need to hear the 911 call that reported the infraction. Was it a school official? If not, is that reason for getting in the car? As stated above, they could have run the plates to determine ownership.

BTW, 911 is for emergencies. On no planet would this qualify as one. Let's hear the tape!

The guy was clearly a D*ck but is having an EV plugged in Probable Cause? (for getting inside)? I find that disturbing and a violation. I guess we need to hear the 911 call that reported the infraction. Was it a school official? If not, is that reason for getting in the car? As stated above, they could have run the plates to determine ownership.

BTW, 911 is for emergencies. On no planet would this qualify as one. Let's hear the tape!

Actually, not to give Barney Fife ANY quarter whatsoever but yes, seeing a vehicle plugged in with a notification that they are unauthorized would be the very definition of probable cause.

That said, ya yank the plug out and leave. Not spend thousands of taxpayer dollars on this nonsense

- - - Updated - - -

"Marc Johnson, police chief and city manager of Chamblee, said, "Bottom line: if he had just said, 'Sorry I can just unplug,' there wouldn't have been a report.""

Don't you just love when cops admit that since they didn't get there ass properly kissed, they spent thousands of taxpayers dollars to show who has the biggest johnson?

"Marc Johnson, police chief and city manager of Chamblee, said, "Bottom line: if he had just said, 'Sorry I can just unplug,' there wouldn't have been a report.""

Don't you just love when cops admit that since they didn't get there ass properly kissed, they spent thousands of taxpayers dollars to show who has the biggest johnson?
I think you're overstepping here. As noted in some prior posts, there seems to be more to the story. If the owner makes accusations, the officer is put into a position of having to defend himself by making a formal report to tell his part of the story.

Is there a lot of paperwork and cost from that point on? Yes. But a lot of that has very little to do with the officer on duty, but rather with the whole system that this officer is employed by.

Make sure your angst/anger is directed at the proper target.

The officer on duty sounds to be somewhat a victim here as well.

I'd rather have seen the guy fined rather than jailed. Jailing incurs costs. Fines hopefully reduce the costs.