TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Electric car sales, November 2013

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Yggdrasill, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill Active Member

The statistics from the November electric car sales in Norway were released today.

Tesla Model S: 527
    Nissan Leaf: 512
    Volkswagen e-Up!: 275
    Peogeot i-On: 34
    Mitsubishi i-MiEV: 29
    Citroen C-Zero: 24
    Ford Focus Electric: 15
    BMW i3: 12
    Think City: 4
    Volvo C30: 2

That's a total of 1434 new electric cars, or 11.9% of total car sales! The Model S was the second highest selling car in November, the Leaf was the fifth highest selling in car. (The VW Golf won with 666 sales.)

I think we could quite possibly be looking at the Model S as the highest selling car followed by the Leaf as the second highest selling car, sometime in the next few months. I really like seeing electric cars breaking their all time high every month. It wouldn't surprise me if we get above 20% in 2014. :)

In other news, the PHEVs continue their downward trend, only 5 Amperas were sold in November. But the hybrids in general are doing better, with 849 cars sold in November, or 8.9% of new car sales. That's up 61% since November 2012.

2. Zzzz...

Zzzz... Member

No chance plugins sales double in US compared to year 2012 when almost 50k were sold. We are looking at 96k max this year.

InsideEVs data, US sales.

Monthly-Plug-In-Sales-Dec-2013-v5.png

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

March and April are interesting. Tesla lead for those months if I'm reading the chart correctly. And came close for July.