TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Electric car taken to a new level

Discussion in 'News' started by TEG, Mar 17, 2009.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Electric car taken to a new level | electric, car, irvine, tesla, battery, solar, technology - News - OCRegister.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

My hometown paper. I liked the body but the only comment was about speeding (?!)

Also the sidebar was rather lazy.

The national average for gasoline today is at

Current Avg.
    Prices updated as of 3/17/2009 2:58:57 AM
    Regular Mid Premium Diesel 85 *E85
    $1.910 $2.028 $2.101 $2.133 $1.658 $2.181

But they took the smaller $1.75 from here:

I did similar calculations for gas guzzlers as well. I’d guess that a similar sized sedan would get around 25 mpg, so at $4/gallon, a 25 mpg car will cost around $1,920/year, and at $1.75 it would cost around $840/year. So at $4/gallon you save between $1440 and $1700 dollars per year, but at $1.75 you’d only save between $360 and $620 per year. That’s still a decent savings, but it’s not nearly as much.

Why not use the 4 dollar number or even something that portends the future a bit better?

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I was surprised to hear that a 3rd party was doing the PEM like that. I (mistakenly) thought Tesla did it all in house. Do they just build it from a Tesla design? The comments about "brainwork of his Irvine tech company" suggest that they designed it.

4. graham

graham Active Member

Yes, this surprises me too. I imagine probably they build the hardware to Tesla specifications, and Tesla writes the firmware.

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Seems like he was tongue tied! :tongue:

Nice site.

good Link page too:
    Links | Zoomi Life