TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Electric Car Thwarts Would Be Carjackers

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Patrick W, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

2. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

Similar story with thieves who cannot drive a car with a stick shift!

Wow!
    “A female put a gun to my head and another one over here and a man coming in on the right.
    I had three guns pointed at me. They said, ‘Give us your car and your money or we’ll shoot you,’” Dan said.

3. Tam

Tam Active Member

"Finally, he said the suspects made him drive. But that didn’t work because the car wasn’t charged, so the suspects ultimately fled on foot."

Sounds like the car was completely discharged and wouldn't go anymore without some charging?

4. kavyboy

kavyboy Member

Sounds more like bad journalism.

5. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

#5 NeverFollow, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    I imagine that there was still be some juice in the battery, enough to move the car.
    The author did not mentioned that he has to push the car to the charger.
    I think that the car was still plugged, so there was no way to start the car.

I think that I would be a little bit worrisome when alone at a Supercharger after dark.

I often noticed people staying on line for a quite of while in a drive-in for ordering some fast-food,
    where they could have parked in front of the fast-food restaurant and eat inside faster,
    since there were no other customers waiting at the counter.