Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric cars: Best and worst places to charge your car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you ever tried doing a roadtrip to South London?

Where are you starting from? Brighton - Croyden and return is less than 100 miles ... maybe I'm missing the point?

Superchargers everywhere would be great, but I don't think that's realistic. Main arterial routes is what is needed, and then 3rd party charging (of which there is plenty already, albeit lousy quality and typically not very fast ... currently) for the rest.

have to park on the street

I don't have an answer for that (but we dug the roads up for Electricity, Phone, Gas, Cable, Fibre ... seems reasonable to do it again for street charging, or possibly Lamppost charging will become the answer). By comparison frequent D/C charging at Supercharger speeds won't be great for the battery, and will trigger the D/C charging speed limit at relatively young age for the car, if done as the norm.

From what I hear, Gatwick might eventually become a reality later next year. However, there is certainly a hole on the southern section of the M25.
There used to be a service center in Crawley which got burned down and always talk about it being replaced sometime "soon" but still no word on a date. A load of superchargers there would certainly help fill the hole.