Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Cars: Comparison Page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope it's ok to post the following request in this section.

I wrote a little web application for european drivers interested in buying an EV. Some very helpful german forum members have already provided valuable input: TFF Forum - Tesla Fahrer und Freunde ElectriCar.Guru: Reichweitenvergleich

If you are interested and would like to contribute as well, please post your response here or in the tff-forum. I am especially interested in criticism about the range calculation results. But of course, if you have cool ideas for new features, I am open for suggestions as well. The sources are already publicly available on GitHub (even though it's not quite ready for an easy on-boarding of more contributors though, but I am working on that).

The URL is ElectriCar.Guru

Cheers!

Hey,
this is a really nice app! Thanks for taking time to do this.

It is very useful for me since I'm currently looking to buy an electric car and it seems like my daily commuting needs are just a little bit outside the range of the typical (not counting Tesla) electric cars. As confirmed by your data, I would need at least a 30 kWh model... and there aren't unfortunately that many choices for that, except the King Tesla of course :)

Anyhow, this feedback probably won't be that relevant to you since I cannot yet share my hands-on experience with an electric car. One thing for the interface I would consider is to allow user to type his values instead of using the slider only (some values were quite difficult to select precisely). Another thing to consider would be adding electric motorcycles to your roster.

May I also ask you which language/ framework you used to create the app (since it looks really good)?
And as with everything, please do keep it up to date.

Thanks again,
Peter

One thing for the interface I would consider is to allow user to type his values instead of using the slider only (some values were quite difficult to select precisely). Another thing to consider would be adding electric motorcycles to your roster.

May I also ask you which language/ framework you used to create the app (since it looks really good)?
And as with everything, please do keep it up to date.

Thanks for the positive feedback. Good idea... the sliders are quite difficult to use for exact values indeed. Still, the calculation results are not guaranteed to be accurate anyway, so I guess it doesn't make such a big difference if you can specify the parameters more exactly. But I'll look into it.

I used AngularJS with a free bootstrap template. Good thing about it is that you get the unit testing infrastructure including selenium and headless browser with just a few cli commands if you use Angular.

As confirmed by your data, I would need at least a 30 kWh model... and there aren't unfortunately that many choices for that, except the King Tesla of course :)

Just learned the Soul EV actually has a 30kWh battery, they just state the usable capacity in the specs (Nissan lists the theoretical capacity). Maybe you want to take a closer look at the Kia.

Kia Soul EV : Testberichte - Kia Soul EV Seite 3 | Elektroauto Forum

Data is now adjusted in electricar.guru.

Last edited:
This is very useful site. I especially like the range calculator. Could you make it so it can show you maximum range under conditions you give to it ? Now I can just see if I can make some trip with 0 charges but it would be nice to see estimated range in kilometers under certain conditions.

This is very useful site. I especially like the range calculator. Could you make it so it can show you maximum range under conditions you give to it ? Now I can just see if I can make some trip with 0 charges but it would be nice to see estimated range in kilometers under certain conditions.
Sure, will add that to the overview. Thanks for the suggestion.

In the meantime, check the time/distance graph. If you point the mouse over the first plateau (charging), you'll see the value you are looking for.