Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

<Electric> Cars On Ice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tonight in Victoria, BC, Canada, the Victoria Electric Car Club held a “Return of the Electric Car” night at the Giants/Royals hockey game.

They'd brought out a large # of local electric cars of various stripes – a huge # of Leafs, several Model Ss, some i-MiEVs , electric Smarts, and even more. They were around the arena outside, and in the concourse. The Model S on display in the arena was very busy all night long.

For some reason they'd invited me to come over to be part of a "parade" on the ice during the first intermission. (I guess none of the local Tesla owners wanted to risk taking their cars out there!)

And during the first intermission, I joined the parade of a total of 4 different kinds of electric cars out on the ice. We crept around the rink; apparently a little kid sitting beside my son said “Electric Cars Go Slow”…so I’m not sure that was the right message. So I’m glad that, just prior to when the below shot was taken, I did have a clear shot at the goal. I saw the chance, there was no danger, and did pound it enough to spin the wheels a bit on the ice. Couldn’t stop myself. Felt just like days of old with a Volkswagen dune buggy on the frozen sloughs of Alberta…

Good fun all around. And at least one more Tesla order was confirmed tonight as a result. And 5000 more people know a lot more about Tesla. Including the slightly inebriated fan sitting further down from my son who said "Tesla -- oh ya, that is the company started by the guy who made Yahoo"...

carsOnIce.jpg

There must be a video of this online no???

Okay, by popular demand, here’s the exciting, “gripping” video of the parade on the ice, featuring an in-car-first-person view together with the view from the stands.

At 3:30 or so, you can see the Tesla spin its tires a bit as it heads out the door.

...In case you need something a bit less exciting to watch so you can calm down after the equally as “gripping” Super Bowl today.