TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Electric charging in QLD

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Matta, Nov 11, 2014.

1. timpoo

timpoo Member

2. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Sent them an email about Mennekes adaptors. Lets see what they say in reply.

3. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

That's great news!

4. JFK

JFK Member

I guess Tritium will be the supplier for chargers on the WA Electric Highway?

5. JOH

JOH Member

Great coverage area. Let's hope Evan (@evcricket) gets to work and grabs some kep SC spots in SE Qld too! I think Tesla wants thei rtechnology to win, so perhaps it's time to accelerate QLD plans?

6. Adapptor

Adapptor Member

Yet still no plans for SCs in Brisbane and Perth??

Best existing EV infrastructure, greatest uptake of domestic PV, a large slab of folks with more money than sense ; )

......C'mon Tesla, these markets are Perthect for TM!!

7. dcasnowdon

dcasnowdon Member

I'm pretty good mates with the Tritium boys from my days with solar powered cars (they make the three phase converters used by virtually all teams, and I was working on the controllers with them right at the start). They're extremely technically competent, and are well aware of the Mennekes connectors. I'm sure there'll be a solution to that problem soon enough. My understanding is that it's a fairly simple adapter that's required, since they already implement the comms protocol for one of their two connectors (assuming it's CCS).

8. JOH

JOH Member

Since the Tritium network locations would seem to cover "utility" charging, perhaps the best approach for tesla would be to focus Superchargers at "destinations". A few possibilities quickly come to mind......Gold Coast theme parks, Southbank, Sanctuary Cove, Noosa. All of these have amenities that people can enjoy. For a quick and cheap top up on the road, Tritium would seem an option.