Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric charging in QLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty good mates with the Tritium boys from my days with solar powered cars (they make the three phase converters used by virtually all teams, and I was working on the controllers with them right at the start). They're extremely technically competent, and are well aware of the Mennekes connectors. I'm sure there'll be a solution to that problem soon enough. My understanding is that it's a fairly simple adapter that's required, since they already implement the comms protocol for one of their two connectors (assuming it's CCS).

Since the Tritium network locations would seem to cover "utility" charging, perhaps the best approach for tesla would be to focus Superchargers at "destinations". A few possibilities quickly come to mind......Gold Coast theme parks, Southbank, Sanctuary Cove, Noosa. All of these have amenities that people can enjoy. For a quick and cheap top up on the road, Tritium would seem an option.