Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Frunk, why not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I may be wrong here but I recall something about the X not having an electric Frunk due to regulations. Seems the Ford F-150 lightening has one. Any reason Tesla does not, or does the new plaid have one?

They'll have it eventually. Plenty of third party sources for kits. Cool thing is that once installed, you can still close the frunk from the touch screen or your fob so Tesla must have already planned for this to some degree.

I had a power frunk installed earlier this week, and I can't tell you how useful it is!

I use my frunk much more often. (I have a Model Y, but the benefits are the same regardless of which EV you own)

The frunk I find, is more convenient for grocery bags which tip over and spill everything out when in the trunk. It's also very useful for wet/sandy cloths and towels, or picking up food and not wanting the car to smell from the take-out.

Operates with the touch screen, phone app and voice (say "Open Frunk", and it pops open), and converts the light inside the Frunk to a light/close button, which allows you to easily close the frunk with a tap of the light inside of the frunk!

Can't understand why Tesla doesn't offer this!

Reactions: Genie