Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Infinities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Infiniti.eu

DETAILS EMERGE ON INFINITI’S ADVANCED SPORTS CAR CONCEPT

02/02/12Share|

Rolle, SWITZERLAND (2 February, 2012) – Infiniti, the luxury performance brand from Japan, has announced its advanced sports car concept is to be called the INFINITI EMERG-E.
The electric car will be seen publicly for the first time at the 82nd Geneva Motor Show. The reveal will take place on March 6 at the Infiniti stand, number 1030 in Hall 1, at 10:15CET. The event will also be transmitted live for those who cannot be there via Infiniti’s European website, www.infiniti.eu .

The INFINITI EMERG-E will be the first car from the brand to have not only a range-extender drivetrain offering vivid performance with zero emissions capability but also one mounted in a mid-ship package for optimal handling.

NOTES • Infiniti has to date released two videos giving behind-the-scenes information about the concept car plus three images. These can be viewed at Infiniti Europe The Media Website
. No password is required. • The following company executives will be attending the show and will be available for interviews. Requests should be directed to your local Communications contact.

GMSPressInvite_EU.png

It's surprising that the EVP for Global Infiniti, Product Planning, Global Marketing Communications speaks only English.

It is because they were originally just an American Marque I believe. They didn't divide up Nissan in other markets until later. Lexus and Acura started this way also. The Japanese wanted to start selling upscale cars without a stigma in North America.

I am >>so<< tired of extended range cars grabbing the electric moniker. Tired of it! There should be hybrids, electrics, and .. that. EVERs? (electric vehicle extended range) Something to distinguish would be nice. They're taking the EV goodwill and adding gas to it.

-snit over-

Yes, this seems more competition for the karma than the S

I think some of what I wrote before came across the wrong way.
Let's try again.
It sucks that Nissan/Infiniti is resorting to the ICE "training wheels" as their answer to range anxiety this time.
They have a global CHAdeMO build out in progress so why not leverage that instead?
They seem to be sending the wrong message with this car.

Last edited:
Did I miss something?
Some comment I had made about "EV mode" miles driven in plug-in hybrids being "good electric miles" (as long as the ICE doesn't activate.)
People can argue that a Emerg-E, Karma, Volt, or other highway capable plug-in hybrid only ever driven for short trips, and always left plugged in otherwise is effectively a ZEV, but on the other hand it makes it rather too easy to switch to "legacy driving mode" ...

Seems that some of the related posts got moved here now:
Pure BEV Dogma

Last edited: