Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Motorcycle: A wise option for Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rather than an electric motorcycle, I'd like to see them make an electric Super 7. The proposed Roadster is so lux. It has doors and even a roof for crissake!
caterhamcutout.jpg

There isn't any reason for Tesla to do electric motorcycles, scooters or bicycles. All three have plentiful producers already and more coming. None of them present difficult engineering or production challenges. Many countries from Brazil, China, India and so on already produce them and have established popularity to some degree. Further, BEV, tuk-tuks (three wheel taxi) are already in successful production too. Why would Tesla fool around with those? ...even if Elon does not like the safety issues.
I agree. Zero is probably the most common electric motorcycle and they are very rare. Zero sells less than 2,000 motorcycles per year worldwide and they are very poor sellers here in the USA. Perhaps because they are a bit more expensive with more hassles than with ICE bikes so most people stick with ICE motorcycles. But I love the E-bikes myself. I own nine motorcycles and my two electric bikes are the ones I enjoy the most by far. But I never claimed to be the "most people" type.

My nine motorcycles are:

1971 Black BMW R75/5
1984 Red Yamaha Venture
2002 Yel Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Org/Blk Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2016 Org/Blk Moto Guzzi Stelvio
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5 (mainly used here in Reno, NV and used for my RV trips).
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank (usually stays in the Auburn, CA).
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra

I am the original owner of them all.

-Don- Reno, NV