Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Motorcycles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a couple year old SR with about 6K miles on it. It charges to 96% and has been almost flawless (had the switcher logic supply on the MBB whose input would fry with the slightly higher pack voltage - a new board with updated supply fixed that). It is a hoot to ride; I have not missed the S1000RR apart from the arm stretching over 100 mph acceleration runs :)

Not sure what to do next. It just needs to be a big step up to warrant a change.

• Informative
Reactions: domenick and JRP3
Energica Eva EsseEsse9 just debuted at EICMA.

Not sure if this is what @lolachampcar is looking for, but it is more powerful than an SR (80 kW!). And it's more affordable than than their top-of-the-line sportbike, the Ego.

Energica Eva EsseEsse9.jpg

For $25k they better throw in the girl and only if those crappy tattoos wash off. That’s half a model 3 and I bet it doesn’t perform as well as an P3D.

I do like the high speed onboard CSS charging and 3kw on board charger and it looks like they put the battery down low for a good COG like Tesla.

Tesla should just make one and smoke everyone. I’ll take a BMW R 1200 RT style in electric with a huge battery and a model 3 motor. Sub 2.5 sec 0 to 60 and 200 plus miles of real highway range at 80MPH fully loaded recharged in 20 minutes at a supercharger

Zero sat next to the 1000RR in the hangar.... The RR finally had to go as I was never riding it.
No whirling crankshaft gyroscope to fight against. The zero flicks like a vespa.
No billowing heat bloom to roast in at stop lights.
All the torque all the time.

The zero will not stretch the arms over 100 mph (heck, mostly will not even get to 100) but hey, I'm getting older and really should be smart enough to not do that on city streets :)

Its a shame Mission dropped the ball. That was a neat engineering project. Tesla, if you are listening please pick up the pieces, put a decent battery in it and ship it!!

I thought that was Martin that said that. Anyways they don't seem all that interested (except for the baby ATV for the back of the Cybertruck.)
I'm not sure about Martin, but Elon very specifically stated such in response to a question at one of the shareholders meetings. Asked if Tesla would do a motorcycle, he said they would not because of the poor level of safety and that he himself had had a close call once.

Reactions: JRP3
OK... I can't find the particulars, but they must have agreed on that because I recall Martin also said they wouldn't do motorcycles (or 3 wheelers) due to safety concerns.
This was during the era when Aptera started to drum up some interest. Maybe it was just meant to dissuade potential customers from considering Apteras.

On the other hand, Martin eventually was involved with a motorcycle startup:
https://blogs.wsj.com/venturecapita...berhard-joins-brd-motorcycles-advisory-board/